Best savings account?

Cynergy bank offer 4.8% £1 min deposit easy access, Furness Building Society offer 5% £1min deposit but a max of 3 withdrawals a year and you have to apply by post!

Oxbury bank offer 5.45% on their 90 day notice account, and Zenith Bank offer 6% on their 1 yr fixed rate account but both have a £1,000 min deposit.

Last edited:
Possibly mentioned already in the thread, but if so I missed it.

I noticed that Santander's Edge account snuck up to 7% now. That includes a 2.5% bonus which falls off after the first. Year. Unfortunately it's only on savings up to £4,000, but beats Barclay's Rainy Day Saver.

Possibly mentioned already in the thread, but if so I missed it.

I noticed that Santander's Edge account snuck up to 7% now. That includes a 2.5% bonus which falls off after the first. Year. Unfortunately it's only on savings up to £4,000, but beats Barclay's Rainy Day Saver.

But it costs £36/yr to have an edge account, plus other terms, such as multiple DDs coming out monthly.

Still, with that factored into a £4k initial deposit, you'd still be up £52 vs the best easy access savers around.

Last edited:
Well with Tandem it’s 5% (top up boost for a year) so needs to be over 5% before I even think about jumping ship
Tandem stopped doing 5% during last week. I was too late for that. 4.65% is what new customers are now getting.
I'm not doing too well at the moment.

Last edited:
I was about to switch back from Tandem to Chip as I just missed out on the top up rate to 5%, but my Tandem account is showing 5% now instead of 4.65%.

Anyone using cahoot? Seems they are part of Santander so shouldn't be any issues hopefully just would like to know of anyone has any horror stories?

Glad chip have actually increased their rates but they still seem marginally behind others, not enough for me to change right now but it does make me think twice in future when they're late to increasing

My tandem shows that I opted into the 5% today even though I didn't.

For 0.16% and how crap the tandem app is and slow payouts I'm just sticking with chip. Unless tandem put there rate up even more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom