Best savings account?

My tandem shows that I opted into the 5% today even though I didn't.

For 0.16% and how crap the tandem app is and slow payouts I'm just sticking with chip. Unless tandem put there rate up even more.
How slow are the payouts from tandem? I'd not seen anything bad about them back when the ukpersonalfinance Reddit allowed this kind of talk

The screenshot gets even longer

tWE08R6.png

Last edited:
Chip will need to raise it over 5% before i jump ship again.

Yes Tandem can be slow. But that did not stop me moving a huge sum over.

How slow are the payouts from tandem? I'd not seen anything bad about them back when the ukpersonalfinance Reddit allowed this kind of talk
Took them about 30min to transfer my money back to my account. Far too slow for how I use the savings accounts.

Last edited:
Just went to move money out of my partners Cynergy bank savings account, set up a few months ago at ~3.1% and a pop up appeared saying they have a 4.8% now, so just did an internal transfer to that as it was easier.

Though I must say Cynergy has the most convoluted way of logging in I have ever seen!

I'm being super lazy sat on 4% HSBC savings account, but it's simple for me to use it even if the rate isn't the absolute best.

Wish they let you send the interest to current AC though, if you're near the yearly threshold, withdrawing money from it cuts the interest they pay you in that month.

I've not had to withdraw from mine yet but I think people were saying about 30 minutes earlier on in the thread.

Took them about 30min to transfer my money back to my account. Far too slow for how I use the savings accounts.
That is much slower than it really should be but certainly not a deal-breaker for me - I can see how it could be for others however. It does make you wonder why it's slow in this day and age, especially from accounts like paragons that is next working day

That is much slower than it really should be but certainly not a deal-breaker for me - I can see how it could be for others however. It does make you wonder why it's slow in this day and age, especially from accounts like paragons that is next working day
Even "Faster payments" payments are quoted as "up to 2 hours" so it's probably just down to whatever banking provider they use in the background.

When I switched from Chip to Tandem, transferring funds from my Starling and Santander accounts took about 20mins.

It’s not ideal, but I can live with it.

Last edited:
I'm going to max my premium bonds this month . With regards to any winnings over the limit will they notify me and does it go direct in to my bank ? Do I get penalised In any way ? I still haven't had a chance to setup a new savings account somewhere yet been super busy at home and in work

I'm going to max my premium bonds this month . With regards to any winnings over the limit will they notify me and does it go direct in to my bank ? Do I get penalised In any way ? I still haven't had a chance to setup a new savings account somewhere yet been super busy at home and in work
If you have the max invested and win, they email you a day or two after the draw and any winning over the max get transferred to you bank account

I have a legacy co op privilege premier saving account, which tracks the BoE interest rate minus a few point percentage. it does it slowly, with lag but it’s up to 4.9%. Not bad for instant access and not having to lock it away for a set term. Saves me the hassle of shopping around and moving accounts etc.

Back
Top Bottom