Best savings account?

Is there any higher tax bracket considerations for this advice ?

Im currently on par to reach the limit for this year end of this month. Which will put me in a nice position for the new tax year with the same product account

I prefer to max out the current savings account limit first? Be it £500 or £1000, before going into stocks. But that’s only because interest rates are at the current level. If they start dropping then I would go all in towards ISA and pension.

I prefer to max out the current savings account limit first? Be it £500 or £1000, before going into stocks. But that’s only because interest rates are at the current level. If they start dropping then I would go all in towards ISA and pension.
Ah right I get ya sorry I misread , yeh I would probably do the same although I need to read abit more on stock and shares ISA I think

Has anyone found decent rates on ISAs they'd like to share going into this new tax year?

Also, take this as a prompt to review your ISA rates going into April because a lot of the providers are really sneaky and require you to shift to a new account on a yearly basis.

I use aviva (the stock) in my isa for what is effectively cash. It pays a nice dividend but barely grows/shrinks. It's still a risk obviously. But it's so stable (and general consensus, undervalued) I see it as worth the risk

I use aviva (the stock) in my isa for what is effectively cash. It pays a nice dividend but barely grows/shrinks. It's still a risk obviously. But it's so stable (and general consensus, undervalued) I see it as worth the risk
Price looks pretty choppy to me, certainly not a cash alternative.

I've signed up for this. Not sure if it's of any use for me.

The interst on cash is great though.
Yeah it's worth pointing at that you don't automatically get the interest on your cash, you have to specifically opt-in. I've got a few k sat in cash atm from a car sale and it's nice seeing the interest payments every morning at least!

Has anyone found decent rates on ISAs they'd like to share going into this new tax year?

Also, take this as a prompt to review your ISA rates going into April because a lot of the providers are really sneaky and require you to shift to a new account on a yearly basis.

This website is handy as a starting point

Easy Access

Fixed Rate

I did ask this around May last year, and didn't follow it up as we put the money elsewhere.

I'm looking at the best place to put money for our kids (age 2 and 5) when they're 18. Currently about £8k between them. It needs to be in ISAs for them as otherwise I'm liable for tax on any interest (does it count as interest on S&S ISAs, or is it just CGT.. I guess it doens't matter as it's tax free there anyway)

Would https://www.fidelity.co.uk/junior-isa/#tab-link still be the best way to go, and then.. invest into Vanguard index funds (how do I determine which I want there?) ?

Gone ahead and set this up?

The World Index is discounted to 0.10% https://www.fidelity.co.uk/factshee...idelity-index-world-fund-p-acc/key-statistics
The US Index (S&P 500) is 0.06% https://www.fidelity.co.uk/factshee...0-fidelity-index-us-fund-p-acc/key-statistics

Those will be the only fees you pay as no service or trade fees.

I did something similar @GeX recently

I had World P and then added a Fidelity US Index P split to see how it goes and then leave it alone. The thinking was one can be held longterm and the child can dip into one at a milestone for something. Do need to stick to it and then leave it alone though as far too many options available.

Another fund that looked good but for my own account was Vanguard's FTSE Developed World UCITS ETF (VHVG) over VWRP and All Cap.

Back
Top Bottom