1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best seated VR games/experiences?

Discussion in 'Virtual Reality' started by Finguz, Jan 23, 2017.

1. SupraWez

Gangster

Another vote for Pinball FX, its a shame Mountain Goat is not available on Vive too as its a great little game to just pickup and go.

2. spartagates

Gangster

Lucky Tales, fantastic platformer and free! Works a treat with revive on the Vive, especially with an xbox controller :)

3. DRSEire

Gangster

I didn't know it was free. Thanks will grab it now :)

4. Surfer

Capodecina

I know what you mean by Elite Dangerous feeling empty. I think the graphics and VR immersion are excellent but i also found it quite limiting in the ways you can interact. A lot of the game you find answers *outside* the game. Which you cant easily do when you are in VR (e.g. checking profitable trade routes etc)

Too much of the gameplay experience enhancements is down to effort by the customer to create stuff (fuelrats etc *outside* game)

Its a shame they dont have something similar to flyinside (FSX) for Elite because that allows you to have other desktop apps open within the vr view. Would make travelling around space a bit less boring if you could have space radio or intergalactic news channel watch at the same time.

I use whirligig for 180/360 videos. Free and works perfectly.

5. Rasseru

Gangster

That would be totally immersive as well

6. joffy

Wise Guy

I just tried No Limits Coaster 2 demo. I'm ok on real coasters but this made me feel a little sick!

7. olivier renault

Sgarrista

You'll need Revive and the Oculus Store. Small price to pay (?). Anyhow, it's like a small toy box :) Pretty cool platformer.

I love Minecraft VR as well. This is a bit hardcore though. I use the Windows 10 version (Oculus Store), and it's got a 'virtual virtual' mode, basically playing minecraft through a virtual screen :) It's a lot easier on the chug / headache factor (although I'm not prone to vr sickness, maybe a mild headache after an hour that dissipates quickly).

There's also Quake VR, Half Life 2. Like Minecraft, Both pretty high on the discomfort levels, and not fully polished.

Elite Dangerous, yeah, it's good. Better than Eve Valkyrie as a game.

360 videos are cool. I recommend Julius Hortshuis stuff (3D fractal short trips). There are a few virtual cinemas as well. Meh, I'd try the free stuff, it's mostly the initial wow factor rather than an alternative to movie viewing. Maybe for 3D movies.

Assetto Corsa is a bit buggy and rough, but it's good. There's a free Live For Speed racing game that's worth a look, especially in VR.

8. DRSEire

Gangster

Thanks. Just played a bit of Lucky's Tale. Very good :)

9. Yan816

Gangster

If you want to really add to the seated experience get a JetSeat KW-908, its a force feedback cover for chairs. I have just added a post in the gaming chair section on a mod I did with it and it really adds to driving/flying sims.

10. DRSEire

Gangster

Thanks. Enjoying Lucky's Tale :) Also is Minecraft working on Revive?
    Thanks

11. lokiss

Wise Guy