Best story in a video game?

Associate
Homeworld captured my imagination. It’s probably the most atmospheric RTS I’ve played.

There are many other good stories in games though, several of them already mentioned here. I’m not sure I could pick a single favourite. Some of the quest storylines in The Witcher 3 I thought were really good, morally challenging.

Last edited:
Associate
A few games I'd recommend d
Dishonoureda
Batman games
YS:VIII ( if it's on pc)
KOTOR 1&2
Xenoblade chronicles 2 if you have a switch
Kingdom of amular age of Reckoning
Max Payne
Fable
Diablo
Alien isolation if you like horrors

Associate
As many have already said The Walking Dead series and Life is Strange had good storylines.

Obviously Red Dead Redemption has to be in there as well and add Kingdom Come to that.

Associate
Homeworld captured my imagination. It’s probably the most atmospheric RTS I’ve played.

There are many other good stories in games though, several of them already mentioned here. I’m not sure I could pick a single favourite. Some of the quest storylines in The Witcher 3 I thought were really good, morally challenging.
Dude I loved homeworld and the remaster was pretty good. Played a lot of the multiplayer before it finally died out. Hope they get around with cataclysm, but the source code was forever lost ;(

Associate
god of war 1-3 I always loved and god of war 2 and it has one of the best endings to a video game ever imo, I thought links awakening had a amazing story, re4 and re2 remake, I really liked the darkness series as well, think it never got the attention it deserved, witcher series, OG bioshock ive completed about 5 times, portal 2, batman arkham asylum, dmc, they are prob the games that off the top of my head I remember most fondly

Associate
Dude I loved homeworld and the remaster was pretty good. Played a lot of the multiplayer before it finally died out. Hope they get around with cataclysm, but the source code was forever lost ;(

Yep :)

They’re working on Homeworld 3 now, but not due until 2022 sadly.

Associate
Hot damn, do you have a link to that? And 2022? I'll wait whatever the cost XD

I'll drop this here for you, it's about as official as it gets considering the channel. Google is not anyone's friend, but it is useful.

This video was located using DuckDuckGo.

Last edited:
Associate
Surprised I haven't seen the Yakuza series mentioned.

Beneath all the quirkiness and satire there's an incredibly well written story, and the character development throughout the series is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom