Best strategy games of the decade?

Soldato
I loved Julian Gollops games back in the day so definitely need to check out phoenix point when I get a chance but the early reviews were a bit mixed.

Idk what people thought they would play. The game is better than Firaxis XCOM if you do not play it with XCOM mechanics in mind but Phoenix Point mechanics.
People complain
a) That there isn't tech progression, yet tech is more impressive than XCOM. You just need either steal it from factions or ally one. (there are 3).
That allows from the boot to play 3 different campaigns differently. XCOM is always railroading you to the end, on every aspect of the game no deviations no different options.

b) Options that aren't only aicraft, classes/subclasses weapons & armour but also how you win the game. Synedrion has mist repellent tech which pushed back the mist. Others have other techs, eg Anu embraces the mist though mutations. (yes your troops become less human some are even half squid).

c) Complain about difficulty, trying on their first campaign to play on hardest difficulty. The game is really hard for newcomers, even myself having played in BBs for over 70hours prior to release, on veteran mode (one up from easy) is pretty hard. AI is pretty great on adapting it's mutations based on what has to deal with in the area.

d) AI mutations and adaptability mechanics. Can write whole essay.

e) Multiple storylines depending who you ally and your campaign choices.

f) War between factions and against you, if you go against them.

Associate
The bugs in BattleTech are the most rage inducing **** I have seen in a game in recent years.
Unacceptable that they released it in the state its in. The fact that the community had to release mods to fix some of the more pressing bugs says it all.

yeah it was released in horrible state as I refunded, remembered it would not even load properly 3rd time.

a friend bought it few patches in and said it was great and so I gave second chance few weeks ago and it’s really good now.

Not come across any bugs in 20hrs of play, deserves 2nd chance.

Phoenix point looks good but I want to go through long war of the chosen mod first for XCOM 2.

Back
Top Bottom