Best sub £150 phone?

Caporegime
iPhone 6 died, it is currently going through insurance and when i get it back I plan to sell it. I will probably get the iPhone 8 but if not, I might "slump" it with Android for a bit, at least until I come back from my trip to Japan in November, so want to save money for that until then.

What budget phones are there that I should look at

Caporegime
OP
Soldato
Great find and very interested but I cant find anything on it that approaches a useful review.
I was looking at a doogee and then read a review saying the GPS was weak (primary use for a friend who is a driver) so thats out, this is well in the running but no details...

Wileyfox Swift 2
The swift 2X (FHD) was near this price on the rivery place not long ago, back at £210 now, that's Lenovo P2 territory and I cant recommend the wileyfox experience over the P2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
If you like larger phones, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is pretty good from my experience.

Mines was great, used it for about 6 months until I got a new phone. Then went to get some photos off it, plugged it in to charge and it just heated up and refuses to turn on. I probably won't get another.

Not sure it was a note 4, maybe a 3.

Associate
Losing all your stuff just to go Android for a few months sounds **** to me, I'd just use your replacement 6 until the 8 comes around. It's not like you'll save any money having to spend £140 on an interim handset that'll depreciate like crazy, your replacement 6 will still be worth a little bit once November rolls around.

Caporegime
OP
Losing all your stuff just to go Android for a few months sounds **** to me, I'd just use your replacement 6 until the 8 comes around. It's not like you'll save any money having to spend £140 on an interim handset that'll depreciate like crazy, your replacement 6 will still be worth a little bit once November rolls around.

My second "excuse" is that when I go to Japan this year, I can use it there as I have ordered a couple of Data Sims to use I am in Japan only. It will be basically my Google Map/Tripadvisor machine.

Back
Top Bottom