Best way to learn how to build a pc.

The most reliable way to find out exactly what your mobo can handle is check the manufacturers websites. Some are easier to get about than others, but it should be pretty straightfoward to do a search on the product code and get all the info on chipset, FSB and socket format.

Incidentally, a tube of Artic Silver 5 (type it into the OC search bar) is a good investment andil last you an age.

Just take apart another PC and rebuild it.

Static precautions are really just for people that are paranoid about breaking components, they are really robust, I've been building PCs for years, and never worried about shorting etc. anything, and it all has worked perfectly.

It isn't hard to find something that is cheap and can be played around with, like my MM (I know you can't get in there yet) for sale thread has nearly a full system in it...a PII system. - No I'm not trying to pimp my thread or sell it via GD, just that it is possible to find cheap old stuff around, the bay of e for example will have loads of cheap old stuff.

InvG

I got an old pc parts from someone and when i tried to turn it on when everything was installed the psu started acting weird.

When i turned on the power switch on the back of the psu the psu fan started spinning slowley and the pc doesnt turn on

Any idea why this is happening?

Back
Top Bottom