Best way to recover RAID 0 data after accidental format of 1 of 2 of the drives?

Associate
So let's get this out of the way yes I am a fool, during a momentary lapse of concentration when doing a fresh install of Windows, I accidentally formatted one of the two drives of a RAID 0 array and only realised something was amiss when the install was going slower than expected (the raid drives are HDD but the one I should have been using is NVMe). The RAID drive was where I transferred the bulk of my data while I did what would thought would be a quick reinstall before transferring everything back. Yes, I know, stupid.

I've been frantically looking for software solutions as I believe a lot of the data may be recoverable. The format was quick and although I installed Windows on one of the RAID drives, I'm hopeful. Now I have installed Windows on the correct NVMe drive, I've downloaded both iCare Data Recovery and Stellar Data Recovery. The latter seems more appropriate as it has a rebuild RAID function. But it would seem that I need to recover the formatted drive first, before trying to rebuild the RAID alongside the other (non-formatted/intact). I have no idea how best to do this.

Back
Top Bottom