Best way to recover RAID 0 data after accidental format of 1 of 2 of the drives?

Associate
So let's get this out of the way yes I am a fool, during a momentary lapse of concentration when doing a fresh install of Windows, I accidentally formatted one of the two drives of a RAID 0 array and only realised something was amiss when the install was going slower than expected (the raid drives are HDD but the one I should have been using is NVMe). The RAID drive was where I transferred the bulk of my data while I did what would thought would be a quick reinstall before transferring everything back. Yes, I know, stupid.

I've been frantically looking for software solutions as I believe a lot of the data may be recoverable. The format was quick and although I installed Windows on one of the RAID drives, I'm hopeful. Now I have installed Windows on the correct NVMe drive, I've downloaded both iCare Data Recovery and Stellar Data Recovery. The latter seems more appropriate as it has a rebuild RAID function. But it would seem that I need to recover the formatted drive first, before trying to rebuild the RAID alongside the other (non-formatted/intact). I have no idea how best to do this.

Don
The format was quick and although I installed Windows on one of the RAID drives, I'm hopeful.

Honestly, I would just give up hope here mate.

If it was just a quick format, I'd suggest using 'TestDisk' to restore the partition. Having written data to it, I think you can say goodbye to your data.

Moving forward, backup your data with Veeam!

https://www.veeam.com/free-virtualization-software-vmware-hyper-v.html?ad=menu-products
Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows FREE

Soldato
Writing data to drive would be bad enough for normal drive guaranteeing loss of data in those areas.
But with striping of RAID(S) that's FUBAR with no doubt lot more data affected.

Best hope for getting some data back would be professional data recovery service.

Back
Top Bottom