Best way to sell my car

"best" is a wide term. Best for what criteria ? quickest ? highest value ?

Personally, I absolutely hate the process of selling a car privately on facebook / autotrader. Endless time wasters, people who will tell you they're going to come look at it, make you stay in for them only not to turn up, rude people who just don't know how to have social interactions with people, people trying to con / scam you. This is more prevalent at this end of the market selling a car for 4 figure sums.

My "best" method is just to see which of the car trade in services like webuyanycar, motorway etc.. and just take whichevery one will give you the most. Quick, easy and usually relatively hassle free if the car is in good condition and you've not lied to them (or yourself) about how good the condition is.

Gets you less than selling privately, but the lack of hassle makes it infinitely better for me, and makes agreeing a deal when buying a car a lot easier when buying your new one with no trade in.

"best" is a wide term. Best for what criteria ? quickest ? highest value ?

A good combination of all of the above.

Personally, I absolutely hate the process of selling a car privately on facebook / autotrader. Endless time wasters, people who will tell you they're going to come look at it, make you stay in for them only not to turn up, rude people who just don't know how to have social interactions with people, people trying to con / scam you. This is more prevalent at this end of the market selling a car for 4 figure sums.

My "best" method is just to see which of the car trade in services like webuyanycar, motorway etc.. and just take whichevery one will give you the most. Quick, easy and usually relatively hassle free if the car is in good condition and you've not lied to them (or yourself) about how good the condition is.

Gets you less than selling privately, but the lack of hassle makes it infinitely better for me, and makes agreeing a deal when buying a car a lot easier when buying your new one with no trade in.

Yeah the issue is that WBAC is only £1200. Whilst I think £3k is probably optimistic, that is what others are asking for similar car. Several years ago this would have been a £1.5 to £2k car but the used market has changed hasn't it. I think £2.5k is reasonable which is way more than WBAC are offering.

Back
Top Bottom