• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

BF5 with AMD Using Rx570 -Ray Tracing

Associate
It’s not ray tracing.

Reflections beyond what is drawn on screen are not drawn.

Flames don’t reflect.

Where do people host pictures nowadays?

Associate
SSR doesn't show players though if players are being shown then its defo Ray Tracing.

But it doesn't reflect the player model? Very strange.

Best way to confirm would be can you see another player's reflection in a window or other reflective surface around a corner when their player model would be off screen.

Soldato
But it doesn't reflect the player model? Very strange.

Best way to confirm would be can you see another player's reflection in a window or other reflective surface around a corner when their player model would be off screen.

Yeah, its very strange this needs to be shown better. I just can not be bothered re-installing BF5 otherwise I would record some gameplay.

The fact players are being rendered in the glass tells me its Ray tracing is working I am very sure standard BF5 on AMD doesn't show any player reflections

Associate
Yeah, its very strange this needs to be shown better. I just can not be bothered re-installing BF5 otherwise I would record some gameplay.

The fact players are being rendered in the glass tells me its Ray tracing is working I am very sure standard BF5 on AMD doesn't show any player reflections

Don't blame you, bf5 is a waste of ssd space.

I'm sceptical. Just not seen enough evidence so far. Like off screen reflections, flame effect reflections and the player model reflection not just in glass but other reflective surfaces with differing relectiveness (if that's even a word)

Soldato
So I managed to find a nice room

Off
YuzRIzW.jpg

On
Ivgvn63.jpg

Other player

Off
MIhMjJf.jpg

On
heKUi5E.jpg

I did see another player run through the room and he was reflected in the shiny floor, then someone blow the house up lol, still not sure if this is RTX or not, the reflections in the fancy house floor look rtx'y tho

Is there a single player bit of the game that would really show it off, I feel like I'm messing up peoples games, when I find an empty server other people join, ended up with 3 other people on one all on my team, no idea why O_o

Soldato
Wow it seems to be working then lol
What I am more surprised about if it is indeed Ray Tracing is the performance hit isn't really that bad.

Edit
I now must reinstall BF5 lol

So the reflection of players is working, what about fire? does it reflect onto the players gun?

Edit2

I really do think this is Ray Tracing! If you look at the picture above in the room with it on the player's weapon is reflecting the room onto the gun. LOL

Soldato
Managed to find an empty server, whats with no being able to host your own, and then people were joining me O_o, anyway

Off
bVri9Dx.jpg
On
cJVUJE7.jpg

Off
YJ7v7Xw.jpg

On
dJg0EZg.jpg

Yes thats proper BF5 ray tracing mate.
And we know the 2070S has -30%to -40% performance when RT is active, seems the 5700XT barely loses 10%.
So what the RT Cores are doing? :D

Soldato
Yes thats proper BF5 ray tracing mate.
And we know the 2070S has -30%to -40% performance when RT is active, seems the 5700XT barely loses 10%.
So what the RT Cores are doing? :D

That's performance whilst queueing for wow classic, Spotify and 480 chrome tabs open lol

Soldato
Always funny to see who takes the bait with these videos.

What RT actually looks like

Once I have my battlefield 5 installed and tested tomorrow I'll know for sure. Am still not 100% if this is ray tracing and I want to test fire.

But so far the screen shots above are looking very promising.

Hell even if this isn't ray tracing why isn't this a graphics settings its clearly better than default setting.

Back
Top Bottom