• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

BFG Price Reductions at OcUK - January Sale (BFG 8800 GTX now £329+VAT)!!

OcUK Staff
OP
squiffy said:
Why is WC 8800GTX so much more expensive than the air cooled version? Surely a waterblock is cheaper than a larger heatpipe cooler?

Hi there

Its a dangerden waterblock, they cost approx £100 to buy. Then your paying for the fact that some chap at BFG has spent time removed the stock cooling system. Then applying Arctic Silver compound and fitting the dangerden block for you.

If you ask me its well worth it, afterall its no more expensive than overclock air cooled 8800 GTX cards and this thing will go a damn lot quicker whilst be substancially quieter. :)

Associate
Gibbo said:
Hi there

Its a dangerden waterblock, they cost approx £100 to buy. Then your paying for the fact that some chap at BFG has spent time removed the stock cooling system. Then applying Arctic Silver compound and fitting the dangerden block for you.

If you ask me its well worth it, afterall its no more expensive than overclock air cooled 8800 GTX cards and this thing will go a damn lot quicker whilst be substancially quieter. :)

I have one, maybe the first that OcUk sold, with a zalman reserator one plus cooling both the cpu a core duo extreme my max temps after 6 hours at full load are 59 deg c that is in a room at 23 deg C

good value if you price the bits seperatly and you still have your warrantee intact

Suspended
Because it has a waterblock that's worth about £100 pre-fitted to it.

That waterblock is £70. So you're paying the extra £30, and it doesn't come with the supplied air cooler.

It would be cheaper to buy the standard GTX and then buy waterblock. Since you don't get the aircooler the price should be reduced by the cost of the cooler, not bumped up in price. Mugs. :rolleyes:

Soldato
matt2000 said:
any ideas? :)

you a gamer? what size screen? also what's your budget? :)

edit: just looking at that 7600gs you mentioned. avoid that as the 512mb is wasted on such a weak card. i've owned a 7600gs myself and it's ok but you can get much better for not much more money. for example you could get the ocuk 7900gs for just 112.79 - it's so much faster it's untrue..... :p

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-042-OK

Last edited:
Associate
i'm trying to be a gamer ;) but i've only had a decent PC for 3 months. my new one is great (thanks to OCUK for all the parts), but my card lets me down. i started playing Live For Speed and i think i could use a bit more power. thanks for the advice, my budget was around £100-£120 (my 9250 cost me £40 so it's a large jump for me (only 16 so don't have money flooding in). i'm still running a packard bell 16" Crt so nothing special. 7900GS it is :D

[edit]: oh wait, problem here, dual DVI. i need a VGA output :(

Last edited:
Associate
:o i never realised that. been trying to avoid all dual DVI cards because i have a CRT. i'm slowly learning. this is my first DIY PC, so i'm still a bit unsure.

Soldato
How long is this deal gonna last for? I ask 'cos I've got a thread running here, getting info on the difference between the gts and gtx. This will greatly influence which card I get, but knowing when the deal ends would be useful.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

It gets even better:-

BFG GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail
GX-035-BG_400.jpg

Redefine your gaming reality with the BFG Tech® GeForce® 8800 GTX 768MB PCI Express graphics card featuring the world's first DirectX® 10 GPU and a powerful unified architecture that delivers an incredibly true-to-life gaming experience. Power through games at record speeds and charge through game maps with vividly realistic, sun-up to sun-down HDR lighting effects while steering clear of mind-blowing physics effects such as explosions, fire, and smoke. Crank up 16x full-screen anti-aliasing without missing a beat - no jaggies, no worries. And when you're not destroying the enemy, relax watching your favorite movies with NVIDIA PureVideo™ technology.

- GeForce 8800 GTX core running at 575MHz
- Shader Clock Speed of 1350MHz
- 768MB GDDR3 Memory running at 1800MHz
- 384-Bit Memory Interface
- 128 Stream Processors
- Shader Model 4.0
- Texture Fill Rate: 36.8 billion/sec
- Memory Bandwidth: 86.4GB/s
- Designed For Extreme HD Gaming
- Nvidia Pure Video Technology
- Dedicated Video processors free the GPU Shaders to run 3D applications
- Dual dual-link DVI supports two 2560 x 1600 resolution displays
- HDCP Enabled!!
- SLI ready – Upto 2x the performance of a single GPU (Available on with future driver release)
- True High Dynamic Range Rendering Support – Based on Open EXR technology
- World's first unified architecture supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 10
- Built for Microsoft® Windows® Vista™
- FREE BFG T-Shirt, Teflon stick pads and stickers
- LIFETIME Manufacturer Warranty (Contact BFG representative on 001 866 234 3499 for warranty services)
- 24/7 Email Manufacturer Support (http://www.bfgtech.com/tech_redux.html)

Note: This card is 275mm in length so make sure it fits in your case! Also the cards require PCI-E x16 slots, they will not function in a x8 slot so for SLi you need dual x16 mainboard. Finally 500W minimum for PSU and 600W+ is recommended.

£329.99+VAT (£387.74 inc VAT)

BUY NOW !!

Now come on guys you cannot say that is not a bargain. Your gonna struggle to find an 8800 GTX cheaper and even if you do it will be hardly an cheaper. So the Lifetime warranty and the extra large T-Shirt along with those cool mouse skate things is well worth it. This is a true bargain, so get your wallets out or those already with an 8800 GTX go SLI. :D

Back
Top Bottom