Bibshort lifespan

Soldato
I was at the Rapha store in the last sale, trust me nothing was around £60! I got the pro team shorts for £105, but that was with an extra 10%. I think the classics were around £100 before the extra discount.

Soldato
might be useful heads-up - but the Sportful bib tights seem massively under-sized.
Wiggle have been selling 'body-fit` + gruppetto for ~£50
so for a 32" waste 32" length I find I need an XL.
Gruppetto seem best build, with some articulation at Knees, and a better pad, plus slightly thicker fleece (I want some warmth)

tights_zpsnrtjfzew.jpg~original

bought some Santini max ego 2, last year, in L which were similarly under-sized.

I don't kniow how many returns Wiggle must get,but it is a waste of everyones time

edit - was thinking this was the bibtight thread .. never mind still pertinent

Last edited:
Soldato
Can't even find them second hand for that normally Benny (trust me, I'm looking atm!) ;)

I was at the Rapha store in the last sale, trust me nothing was around £60! I got the pro team shorts for £105, but that was with an extra 10%. I think the classics were around £100 before the extra discount.

Missed these.

These were the Wiggins Core, still have the second set in an M unused/unopened but will have a need for them at some point I should think. Doesn't look like they're available anymore, wonder if they'll appreciate :p

Soldato
might be useful heads-up - but the Sportful bib tights seem massively under-sized.
Wiggle have been selling 'body-fit` + gruppetto for ~£50
so for a 32" waste 32" length I find I need an XL.
Gruppetto seem best build, with some articulation at Knees, and a better pad, plus slightly thicker fleece (I want some warmth)
tights_zpsnrtjfzew.jpg~original

bought some Santini max ego 2, last year, in L which were similarly under-sized.

I don't kniow how many returns Wiggle must get,but it is a waste of everyones time

edit - was thinking this was the bibtight thread .. never mind still pertinent
The sizing is fine, it's 'Italian' sizing (or pro cycling sizing). You'll find all Sportful, Castelli, Rapha, Alé, Stolen Goat, Asso's, Gore or whatever all similar sizing. :o

If you're 32" waist you're probably an XL for every-day commuting/easy riding, L if you want them quite fitted and aero ('supportive'!). They're not intended as being baggy anywhere, ideally every panel will be stretched to fit your body.

I'm generally 32/34" in trousers as I size for my thighs, my waist is probably closer to 30". I squeeze into Large Sportful/Castelli. I can't get my thighs into Medium (without wrecking seams!).

You'll find sizing of Santini, Northwave, DHB and Altura a little more 'relaxed'. But they're still not 'normal' clothes sizes. Not that it means much, I'm a 'Small' in Timberland USA sizing and a 'Medium' in Timberland UK sizing! :o ;)
These were the Wiggins Core, still have the second set in an M unused/unopened but will have a need for them at some point I should think. Doesn't look like they're available anymore, wonder if they'll appreciate :p
They should/would! I'm struggling to snap up any worn S/H Rapha for less than £80 ffs lol! :(

Soldato
Maybe I should shift them before this TUE scandal unravels and they're worthless :p Might find myself taking a sharpie to the 'WIGGINS' on the left side :o

Soldato
Did you get a free package with them what was in it ?
Have to look out for the Fancy Bears/wiki leaks posting your anomolous performance data

Edit - that might be construed as a medical discussion - sorry.

Soldato
OP
Quick update - had a discount code for SigmaSport before going on holiday last week, so ordered up some Sportful Bodyfit Pro Ltd Edition in L and XL to try for size - would work out at £90 which seemed a good deal when Wiggle etc wanted £110. Will try them on tonight.

Then this morning I looked through the Wiggle deals e-mail and spotted they have the FS260 Pro SL bibs reduced to £49.99, though only the wide pad in a choice of sizes : http://www.wiggle.co.uk/endura-fs260-pro-sl-bib-shorts-wide-pad/. I know my previous pair didn't last too long, but at that price I'll give them another go - I presume they are reduced as Endura have renamed them. Hopefully my returned pair were a Friday afternoon special, but I'll have the warranty with Wiggle to fall back on.

Underboss
i find Endura stuff rubbish
ive had some shorts (MTB shorts with a liner) the outer shorts were good but the inner ones i didnt like
I had Arm and leg warmers, they never stayed up and started showing wear after a couple of rides

I use some DHB and Castelli Bodypaint
the DHB shows signs of wear pretty early on, stitching wise, but still holding ok
Castelli are still looking brand new

Back
Top Bottom