Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
havent seen one of these in a while whats everyone riding these days. ill post sum pics of my new marin when i pick it up tomorrow

Last edited:
Associate
OP
riding this

now has a mavic 321 rim on deore disk rear with a deore disk and sum proper tyres not the stupid contis (soon to be singlespeed with rigids)

and this

and picking up this 2moro :)

Associate
OP
well there was 1 in the shop rite size but had dent then ordered new one and it came with a dent as well so got fed up and spent bit more got a cove with much better spec

Associate
OP
id go 4 a 6500 over the 4900 tbh its the same price and hayes sole arnt that good and the spec on the 6500 is better as the frame is much lighter. if you wanted at a later date you could put disks on it as its got disk hubs

Associate
OP
my handjob -

specs are -

Cove handjob frame
Rock shox reba team u-turn with poploc
mavic xm321 on ringle hubs
full sram x-9
Avid juicy 7 185 front 160 rear
race face deus xc cranks stem and bars
race face headset
race face xy seatpost
sdg slim jim saddle
sram cassette and chain
panaracer fire xc 1.8
shimano spd pedals

Associate
OP
well it was a custom build and was origionally priced at £2400 but it had been used twice as a demo bike and i got it for £1300

Associate
OP
im very chuffed with it well worth that little bit more over the marin. it rides so nice and the componants r a lot better . i shred cranks and these have like £240 cranks on em so should last longer. and the forks are amazing

Associate
OP
gonna get sum new pedals wen i can afford them as i payed more 2 get the cove cant afford erm rite now but gettin sum mallets wen i can

Associate
OP
the giant is nice cheets but the trak will be better with the hope mini upgrade and it will be higher spec and the main bonus is its also cheaper

Associate
OP
i wouldnt want to be doing long distances on a hardcore hardtail. tested the orange crush bout week ago its so heavy hills would be a nightmare. and theres no lockout so ull bob everywhere

Associate
OP
well the head angle can be changed on the handjob so its good for any riding really. and im 6ft 3 but have a 36 inch inner leg. and i like small frames lol

Last edited:
Associate
OP
very nice giant there good forks on it as well!

and ive got the smaler frame as the others where 2 long i have long legs and a shorter body. the only big frame i have is the racer which is a 61cm

Associate
OP
ichabod crane said:
Hey guys would like a bit of help... last year i wrecked my bike and i think its about time i get a new frame and forks... im bit out of touch as to *** to get i have about £400 pounds for forks and £800 pounds for frame i need a rear shock to... does anyone have any suggetions or could anyone point me in the direction of a decent shop?? im sure we can post shops on here its not gonna be a competitor is it thanks :)

what type of riding will you be doing?

and what kit have you got to put on the frame?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom