Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
OP
well there was 1 in the shop rite size but had dent then ordered new one and it came with a dent as well so got fed up and spent bit more got a cove with much better spec

Associate
bmx5ow.jpg

Thats what im currently riding at the moment in the city, great fun. Need to sell my rubbish full sus and get a hard tail i think.

Soldato
Giddy said:
Very nice wiija, is that the 05 s-works? I was tempted to get that frame now its been reduced, but decided to save myself the hassle of building it.

Where do you ride?

Yes its the 05,I originally went to get the 06 but it was such a bargain I went for the 05 in the end,I've changed frames numerous times in the last year and this is the first one I felt truely happy with.

Bikes in the past year:

Cannondale F900
Santa Cruz heckler
Intense Spider

Most of the parts have gone from frame to frame.

I ride all over the place with a local mountain bike club during the hotter months,this time of year I tend to stick fairly local,but theres still some god riding (woburn sands etc).

Sean

Soldato
Go for it dude. I recommended a mate to buy an Avolanche 3 last year and we both have no regrets. It's a quality spec even for what we were selling at, let alone £220!

Soldato
quackers: I'd go for the standard 3.0, not the disc one. It's another £20 cheaper, and cable discs (especially cheap Tektro ones) are more hassle than they're worth tbh.

Associate
OP
id go 4 a 6500 over the 4900 tbh its the same price and hayes sole arnt that good and the spec on the 6500 is better as the frame is much lighter. if you wanted at a later date you could put disks on it as its got disk hubs

Associate
OP
my handjob -

specs are -

Cove handjob frame
Rock shox reba team u-turn with poploc
mavic xm321 on ringle hubs
full sram x-9
Avid juicy 7 185 front 160 rear
race face deus xc cranks stem and bars
race face headset
race face xy seatpost
sdg slim jim saddle
sram cassette and chain
panaracer fire xc 1.8
shimano spd pedals

Soldato
cheets64 said:
Also what would be a "hope mini upgrade only £50.00" < disc breaks?
Minis for £50 extra? That's a 75% discount off the lowest price you'll find mate, go for it without a doubt.

Breamy, loving the Cove, how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking? I can't see it being much shy of £1500 with that spec.

Associate
OP
well it was a custom build and was origionally priced at £2400 but it had been used twice as a demo bike and i got it for £1300

Soldato
Breamy said:
well it was a custom build and was origionally priced at £2400 but it had been used twice as a demo bike and i got it for £1300
Christ, that's a bargain and a half :eek: , would I be right in thinking that you're pretty chuffed with it too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom