Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Cathrin Brae is good fun and worth a visit if your over that way. Top guys are round the lap in 20 mins but its a compact and fun loop to do a few times. 15 or 20 mins away from strathcyclde park. Aim for the massive single turbine on the hill as that is right at the start of the course.

Regards the zee mech, running it with a standard shimano 32t ring that came off my old triple ring cranks. Using at XCR superstar guide with it.

Sounds like it's time to visit my gran then (lives right next to strathy park ;) for some post bacon rolls!

Soldato
I can highly recommend the bacon rolls and carrot cake at the cafe at Chatelherault country park along the river Avon next to Strathy park. Cycled along there from Strathy yesterday. Beautiful place, immaculate grounds. Well worth a visit.

Caporegime
I can highly recommend the bacon rolls and carrot cake at the cafe at Chatelherault country park along the river Avon next to Strathy park. Cycled along there from Strathy yesterday. Beautiful place, immaculate grounds. Well worth a visit.

Home this week and will have to visit that area, so shall have a swatch. Sounds good.

Soldato
Up grizedale at 8:30ish this morning, was roasting, strangely enough set my best time around there. just over 10miles in 1hour 19. I took a 3 litre camelbak and ran out with a mile or so left, got some of those rehdryation tabs at the shop but still got splitting head ache all day :(

Soldato
I have a Renthal fatbar 480mm low rise brand new if anyone is after one. I went for the Fatbar lite in the end but the shop will only give me a credit note back so before i take that anyone after a set?

Soldato
Guys, I need some help trying to find some accommodation at Glentress. 3 of us are going on the weekend of the 30-31st August (busy period I know) and want somewhere decent like a guest house, but I have no idea where's good and where's not etc. Any ideas please?

Associate
Ha ... they're different bikes. CraigN liked mine so went a copied it :p Knew this would happen!

I'm running Hans Dampf front and rear. Yeah that's at Cannock, one of many water stops yesterday!

LOL

I used to be up there almost every weekend but have been lazy this year!

We should have a meetup sometime of Midlands based bods (I'm in Worcester).

Associate
Wanted a B&B or guesthouse, but they don't look too bad. As long as they're clean and the shower facilities are clean and not a total mess.

It's not a guest house but I've stayed at Kailzie bunkhouse which is just across the river from Glentress and it's much nicer/easier than the log cabins.

Associate
My first weekend of racing consisted of Sun, disappointment and bruises...

p5pb9839209.jpg

It was an awesome weekend nonetheless, off to Morzine tomorrow! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom