Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Woo hoo! new parts! got my Zee mech, Saint shifter and Renthal 32t chainring today, i'm really impressed with the chainring of all things, its witchcraft how they manage to make something so beefy yet so light, and its a work of CNC art, such a damn shame to have to cover it up with a bash guard!
Having used a SRAM shifter for the last couple of years I didnt realise the saint shifter levers would be so damn long, was having trouble getting them comfortably positioned, ended up having to put them on the other side of the brake lever, and move the brake lever in a tiny bit, its a compromise but i'm sure i'll adapt.

2014-01-16230902_zps5c4d17e6.jpg

2014-01-16230532_zps3f918e82.jpg

2014-01-16150853_zps12a983a0.jpg

Spending on this bike has finished until i get a new frame.

Last edited:
Soldato
Overseas one's specifically, i thought there was another one like bike-discount ?

Nothing in particular... just looking at prices for SLX / 10Spd / Clutch mechs / Cranks etc

Better to buy now or wait till March / April when I have the frame?

Soldato
What sort of state is Swinley like at the moment Supercow? Was thinking of heading down this weekend but am aware some is still boggy and some of the berns are knackered.

Best to follow the Swinley Forrest Mountain Bikers Facebook page.
Some sections are closed off due to maintenance work, but all in al, I thought it was fine - just a few sections you'll have to push past (Tank Traps was literally under 4 feet of water)

Soldato
Been sorting my bike out for the BPW trip tomorrow thought i would mess arround with my suspension setup so tried the fox iphone app.

now i know im overweight but this is bizarre. check these pics.

2014-01-17%2015.35.42.png

2014-01-17%2017.37.46.png

according to my weight the rear shock should be much lower and the forks much higher. The forks feel great but the rear shock does not how does it work this stuff out. I had to use the camera on the phone to show the sag o ring.

showed this to my mate who now will not stop taking the pi$$

Soldato
Hi,

I have some noobie cycling questions. I am thinking of getting a bike on the cycle to work scheme. I primarily want to use the bike to get me from Harrogate where I live to Leeds but I am also tempted by triathlons and maybe even touring eventually.

I know next to nothing about bikes and cycling so would appreciate any advice or what to expect?

I didn't want to spend more than £500 on the bike but each bike shop I went into kept suggesting models just over £500 after I said that, typically. I have two shops, Specialized and BigRedBike and want to get something before the end of January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom