Big Issue... Big Issue...

Man of Honour
Raymond Lin said:
There is a foreign woman who sells the Big Issue here with an accent, it sounds like she's saying "Big Tissues, Big Tissues". :p
SEND HER BACK! :mad:

I have been dying to say that. :p

As for the Big Issue, I have read several of them but found it full of boring articles and left wing propoganda. Most of the sellers seem to treat it as a career rather than a stop gap. What as sad indictment of one of the richest countries on the planet. :(

Soldato
The ones here in Belfast are invariably foreign, and thats this one woman who seemingly follows you about, shes always around the next corner, waiting to scream:

"Beeegg Iiiisssssssuuuuu peeeees?"

....at every passer-by. To top it off at the end of the day you see her coming out of Marks & Spencers with several shopping bags. :(

Soldato
You need to come to Norwich :p
We've got a new one next to our carpark (Tesco Metro), who seems to think she can sing :eek:
Awful racket, almost wants to make you pay to shut her up.

-Leezer-

Permabanned
leezer3 said:
You need to come to Norwich :p
We've got a new one next to our carpark (Tesco Metro), who seems to think she can sing :eek:
Awful racket, almost wants to make you pay to shut her up.

-Leezer-

I bet you pay her for her other services.

Associate
stoofa said:
If I've already bought a copy or simply don't want to I either mouth or simply say "No Thanks".
That is it, end of conversation.
Occasionally they might respond with a "Have a good day" or similar - but they certainly don't give you evil looks or hound you if you don't purchase.

Same here tbh. Never had a problem with them, they're perfectly pleasant.

matja said:
I like it when you get two big issue sellers fighting over the good places to sell on. Seems to happen quite a bit arround here, never seen it anywhere else.

Round here they're only allowed to sell from pre-designated sites, which are marked out by the Big Issue logo painted on the ground.....

Associate
What is wrong with a homeless person selling the big issue so he/she can eat? I hope none of you ever end up homeless :rolleyes:

Would you prefer begging, walking through the tube with a child in tow (and then you notice they have more expensive trainers than you :eek: )?

Back
Top Bottom