Big trouble in little China

Associate
Look at the other films that were released at the same period. Karate Kid 2, Labyrinth, Short Circuit, Ferris Bueller's Day Off!!!
It had too much competition. Was poorly marketed, early reviews we're facepalm when compared to today's impressions of the film.
Destined to be a cult classic, much like Dredd, sadly :(

Associate
There's lots of quality movie's that don't do well at the box office sadly. Dune, Blade Runner, etc. Box office returns mean very little to me, especially today. Big Trouble is an unusual film and i don't think many movie goers knew how to take it.

Indeed!

The Shawshank Redemption

Domestic Total Gross: $28,341,469
Domestic Lifetime Gross: $28,341,469
Distributor: Columbia Release Date: September 23, 1994
Genre: Period Drama Runtime: 2 hrs. 22 min.
MPAA Rating: R Production Budget: $25 million

Caporegime
In June 2015 TheWrap reported that Dwayne Johnson was developing a remake to star as Jack Burton and produce with his Seven Bucks Productions partners Dany and Hiram Garcia. Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz were to write the new script.[44] In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Johnson expressed interest in having Carpenter involved in the remake.[45]

Carpenter later said this, "It's very early in the process. I haven't spoken to Dwayne Johnson about any of this... I'm ambivalent about a remake."[46]

Sigh :rolleyes:

Caporegime
I wonder if the original investors in the movie have an option to invest in the sequel - if, given the cult status, it is likely to make money then that might help explain why these is more incentive to make these things - the investors already have that option and would like to cash it in...

Soldato
I wonder if the original investors in the movie have an option to invest in the sequel - if, given the cult status, it is likely to make money then that might help explain why these is more incentive to make these things - the investors already have that option and would like to cash it in...

doesn't seem like a good idea though - it never made a lot of money and was a flop at the time. It may be a cult movie but very few of the original fans are going to watch a garbage remake.
So who is a remake for?
They couldn't make it work with ghostbusters and that was far more popular.

BTILC is one of my favourite films ever but i won't pay to see a crappy remake.

Man of Honour
The original is probably the best film ever made. Certainly my favourite anyhow.

Can't say I'm enthused about the remake idea but I'm trying to keep an open mind. Given the original was quite camp and jokey and all...

Back
Top Bottom