Biker's Cafe Chatroom

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
I don't like the new SV, it's small and thin. How a person around my age would call it 'gay', my SV stays with me till I do A and longer as a 2nd bike for commuting.

Caporegime
9zu7ns.jpg

my bling arrived today

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Its the reason I got mine!
:cool:

I didn't mean it in a bad way mate just I wouldn't recommend it for a newish rider, youll learn a hell of a lot more on a 600 super sport first.
I was just wondering why you mentioned those 3 in particular, I thought there's some reason behind it.

They're ok.... but I would get the 750 if you are going for a GSXR :D otherwise get the R6, it will be epic.
GSX-R 750 K7 or K8 :D

Oh and JP.... Ill give you £2.50 for the broken BMW??? : P
I'll offer a bid of £3.50 :p

Soldato
Just because I get the impression you want a sportsbike and those 3 are the best for the money, you could look at the CBR600 but its just a bit meh...

Can you get the K8 750 for around 5k? most likely. A lot of people prefer the styling of the K6/7 over the K8 but the K8 does come with some changes not just styling, electronic steering damper, 3-stage engine switch, some minor engine work, lighter and I believe slipper clutch maybe.

I loved my old K5 750, best IL4 engine for the road imo.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
From my long research, it just seems that the GSX-R is one of the most comfortable supersports for the road that does well on the track too. 2 years till I can buy the bike I actually want, if it wasn't for the rules I would have never bought my SV.

But yeah, I want the K8 750 Blue/White or K7 all black with red bits on it e.g.

wgHALAEl.jpg

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Max Power:135 hp / 98.4 kW @ 9500 rpm
Max Torque: 106 Nm / 78.1 lb/ft @ 7500 rpm
Wet Weight: 228 kg

That's pretty impressive for such an old bike. :D

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I've got to be honest & let you all know that I am already thinking about another bike :o + :p

This is how my brain has sorted it to myself to make it acceptable to Me. :D

My Fazer is Brilliant & just about the perfect bike when it comes to Comfort, Handling, Braking, performance (but could always do with more obviously), Storage, moving it about etc so I now know Exactly what kind of bike suits me perfectly so I can now get my ***** out on the table & spend as much as I can possibly raise on a bike & keep it a few years.
See that makes perfect sense to You & Me doesn't it ? ( Even if you disagree shut the **** up :p )

So I reckon I'll be looking for something around the £3500 mark so raise around 2k & get 1500 on Trade in or a Sale for my Fazer. If I can't get something decent enough for 3500 then I'll have a word with the bank for a couple more, What the **** you only live once right ?

So what do I get & what route ?
Out an Out Sports ?
K5 GSXR 1000 is on the list obviously but I don't know whether I'll fit on one until I have a test ride
Upright naked Uber comfort ?
Fazer 1000 Uber low mileage minter go with what I know ?

The list is literally endless but I'm not really in any rush I just know I want something newer. After all the work I've done to the Fazer & how well it rides now I can just feel how much better my riding & riding experience would be if the bike was later generation. With all my recent dodgy health nearly dying etc I have changed inside & just know you shouldn't waste a single second of your time compromising & should do your utmost to enjoy life as best you can.
Bikes & riding & tweaking them makes me happy more than owt else apart from my Daughter & Grand kids so **** it I'm going all out to maximise my enjoyment. :cool:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
K5 GSXR is big, an older bloke who has a collection came to Suzuki dealer on his K5 750 Anniversary edition. I don't personally like the look of the older gixxxers, K6-K8 only for me. :)

Get the TL1000R, its also big and like you said "you only live once" :p

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
K5 GSXR is big, an older bloke who has a collection came to Suzuki dealer on his K5 750 Anniversary edition. I don't personally like the look of the older gixxxers, K6-K8 only for me. :)

Get the TL1000R, its also big and like you said "you only live once" :p

Yer I should have put K6, Don't know why I wrote K5 as the K6 gets the full 5 star MSN review & has quite a few extras compared to the 5

Back
Top Bottom