Biker's Cafe Chatroom

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
That's probably not the wisest thing to do with a car seeing how quickly a bike will scrub off speed. I'd rather pull over and let them by than risk anything with a tonne and a half of car

I know, its just a joke. But like I said previously, what if I did have to emergency brake? I would most likely get really badly injured and the cop that ran me over would most likely get away with it... The most annoying thing would be, the fact he did it to make me do something illegal and by that possibly killed me.

The SV brakes are pretty bad, but If I downshift by 2 gears in the right moment along with using both brakes I can get SV to stop within a short distance. :)

Edit:

But points mean prizes:p
Let me guess, the prize is a secret intill you hit the required points? :p

Last edited:
Associate
But if the points clear within 4 years, how can the insurance company tell that you've had those points? Especially when you're going to a new insurance company? Some kind of database shared amongst the insurance companies or...?

Not sure how much insurance companies share with each other except for claim details, they'd probably have some way of finding out though. If you've provided proof of no claims they'd know who your previous insurer was then could just ring them up and get details of what you've previously declared.

In reality they may never find out, but for the minimal effect it may have on your premium by the 5th year it's not worth risking it to not declare.

Soldato
If they really want it just jack you in the morning when you're getting your gear ready. :p

I often think that when sat in traffic, how easily someone could throw me off my bike and ride off. Surprised it doesn't happen more often.

I've just got a basic metal shed. It's classed as a garage for insurance purposes and dies the job great. New house has a garage, can't wait to move in.

Is your shed an asguard level 1 ? if so did you receive a free sticker you put on your shed door saying "level 1 security" please leave your lump hammer at home :p

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Not sure how much insurance companies share with each other except for claim details, they'd probably have some way of finding out though. If you've provided proof of no claims they'd know who your previous insurer was then could just ring them up and get details of what you've previously declared.

In reality they may never find out, but for the minimal effect it may have on your premium by the 5th year it's not worth risking it to not declare.
ATM My insurance is £409 for TPFT, when my ticket comes through I'll let you know how much it comes up with...

The judge hands out the prizes:p

You have to pay don't you? To have expired points removed from your licence
You can't be serious... :mad:

Associate
Surely paying to remove expired offences is unnecessary now that paper licences are gone? You also get issued a new licence for free when you change address ;)

Used to have to pay for replacement paper counterpart to get a fresh one without old points shown if you cared at all, now it's all online they should just stop showing up I'd have thought.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Still confusing... I don't see why they would stay on the license for an extra year, if they're invalid? :confused:

Edit: Did anyone else had thunderstorm and heavy rain? Loads of streets around my area got flooded...

Last edited:
Soldato
Still confusing... I don't see why they would stay on the license for an extra year, if they're invalid? :confused:

Edit: Did anyone else had thunderstorm and heavy rain? Loads of streets around my area got flooded...

I was thinking back to when we had the paper counterpart, you had to send them off to remove the writing. That's not to say keeping it on there would do any harm as you would no longer have to declare it to insurance after x years, but if you did want them off, then you'd pay unless you got it done at renewal time.

These days with the online counterpart, it'll probably all come off automatically. Just put a reminder for 4 years and check it :p

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
That's all we ever get,bloody rain

Bout a week of sunshine all totaled up,very depressing

@tom your lucky you didn't suck up water and hydraulic lock the engine, seen a few cars do that in floods,engine is scrap after that

Air intake and exhaust are much higher on a bike so it's less of a possibility, kept the revs high just in case but it sailed through without issue.

My boots on the other hand were scrap afterwards, they were already on the edge but getting completely sodden meant the leather just gave up and came away from the sole.

Man of Honour
They're the only decent brand I've found that fit me, it was either them or another pair of Richa £70 worth of **** boots that begin to fall apart in a couple of weeks of commuting.

Soldato
Air intake and exhaust are much higher on a bike so it's less of a possibility, kept the revs high just in case but it sailed through without issue.

My boots on the other hand were scrap afterwards, they were already on the edge but getting completely sodden meant the leather just gave up and came away from the sole.

Are you sure about that? My air scoop is just above the front wheel. The SV is higher than that though

Back
Top Bottom