Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess I think you know what my point is going to be ;)

Without being all 'save the planet' decatting motorbikes is the same as people removing DPFs in their dagdags, it's a cheap shortcut for noise/cost/power which gives bikers a bad rep and is harmful for everyone</rant>

I disagree that decating a bike is the same as removing a dpf . Yes its a cheap way to get more power and noise (never a bad thing) and i disagree it gives us a bad rep . Given all my previous bikes had no cat (pre cat legislation) and given my yearly mileage and decent remap im sure the differences would not be noticeable.
Although im sure its different in other European country's go to any UK bike meet and 95% of people have decats or full systems .

Im past the age of revving it town or at lights . I dont hang about my local takeway or rev bomb at the club .

Man of Honour
No mapping needed according to their website, I’ve removed the cat on everyone of my bikes.

A tune is needed on every de-catted bike to stop them running lean. The fuelling system is not designed to compensate for the freer flowing exhaust and lack of back pressure.

You'll probably get no problems other than a twitchier throttle and worse performance for quite some time though.

Associate
M4 looks awful. Like cheap tat. Arrow is meh. Safe option, plan B, so to speak. Akra looks decent but the Yoshi wins hands down for me.

Each to their own but with the colour of bike shown in the example image, that M4 exhaust looks easily the best to me. But then I like the way it blends in. Perhaps others need their cans to be as lairy as possible :p

(Yoshi 2nd, Akra 3rd, Arrow dead last)

Associate
The Yamaha? No it was ****, suspension is ****, brakes are ****, the only good thing was the triple engine.

Good engine, everything else let’s it down.

I was on a group biking trip - 9 days in Scotland - earlier this month and the guy that brought a MT-07 pulled out of most of it as the suspension ruined his backside after the first three days! Long days of 250 - 300 miles each but still...

Whether that has the same suspension or even worse than the MT-09 I don't know but it doesn't bode well!

Man of Honour
I was on a group biking trip - 9 days in Scotland - earlier this month and the guy that brought a MT-07 pulled out of most of it as the suspension ruined his backside after the first three days! Long days of 250 - 300 miles each but still...

Whether that has the same suspension or even worse than the MT-09 I don't know but it doesn't bode well!

The MT-07 has very budget suspension too but it's not dangerous like the original MT-09.

The Yamaha MT range are budget bikes (it's why they sell so well) and even the MT-10 has budget suspension and brakes on the non-SP model. If you want top notch stuff you need to look at the more premium bikes.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Im past the age of revving it town or at lights . I dont hang about my local takeway or rev bomb at the club .
On the SV you just let go off the throttle and it spits nice flames along with some loud pops & bangs. No need to red line it, V-Twin's sound good on low rpms. :cool:

Soldato
Is it worth changing the rubber on my bike? I have Dunlop Sportsmart max 190/120, rear is brand new and the front looks like the original.

I'm tempted by the PR5 but my dad has M7RR's fitted to his CBR1000RR and wants them off so i thought about having his M7RR's off him and paying for him to have PR5's fitted. Exactly the same tire spec and size.

Soldato
You'll have advertised it for sale by then!
Definitely not, it’ll last me the whole summer and next year. :)

I’m enjoying having a quiet exhaust too, makes a change from the loud obnoxious exhausts I’ve had in the past, when I change the exhaust, the baffle will be left in and I’ll have to remember to keep wearing ear plugs, I always get a mile from my house and realise I’ve got no ear protection.

Associate
Translogic
Just had a quick look on YouTube and seems like a quality piece of kit.
Seems it can be used flawlessly from 1st to 2nd going from reviews but healtech one not so much.
If that was the case for me then itd have to be the translogic as 1st to 2nd is something that would make up over 50% of all gear changes.

Back
Top Bottom