Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
Just got a valuation of £7300 for mine, against an 890 for a grand more - not sure I'd get Wife approval to nick a grand from savings, but as luck would have it, found one quite local for around 7 grand.... just waiting to hear back; would be great if they either offer a straight swap, or mine and a couple of hundred back (yeah right).
I got £7500 P/X for my 18 plate, but I was the 5th owner!
Prices seem all over the place at the moment.
The dealer I traded it to has it up at £8500, but has a 19 plate at £7000 with 1 previous owner :confused:
Fingers crossed, let us know how you get on.
They are discounting new 890's, so hopefully that'll affect the used prices.

Soldato
Gah! So much choice it seems - spotted a few more Dukes that are only 700 quid more than the one I'm seeing today, and come with a lot more bits on them!

Might go and see another today, it's not too far from the one I'm booked in to see, it has nearly 6k less miles, plenty of nice extras too....

Just hope the ones I see have the tech pack, don't fancy ponying up 700 quid

Edit: if they match the trade in I've been given, then it's only 400 quid to cover woop woop

Last edited:
Soldato
Well.... The BM will be gone next week!

Took the 890 (above) out and what a bike! So much fun, it put me in the mind of my old 796 Hypermotard, a bike I often regard as the best I've ever owned for sheer fun.

Sadly, I didn't go for the straight swap, as it was over 8k miles on the clock, and although very tidy, it didn't have the tech pack on it - so manual shifting was required, only down, as I just did the ghetto quickshift up the box.

But yeah, it was a real hoot to ride and I was grinning like a **** the whole ride.

Found one 5 miles down the road, only 2.5k on the clock, lots of extras, and crucially the entire tech pack it seems, only 400 quid more, but here comes the right kick in the knackers - they valued mine at 6700 :eek:

I think the problem for me, was that they already had an S1000R in the showroom with less miles, but the standard wheels. And according to the chap I spoke to, they were due to pick up another (though I took that as bs sales patter to get my price down).

Did a bit of auto trader searching, and this one is the best of the bunch (imo), so decided to suck it up, and went for it.

Needs a service and MOT, so will hopefully be picking it up in the week or next weekend

Last edited:
Associate
The warmth of yesterday had me go grab a mesh jacket today. Went for a spin with it and instantly regretted it, it’s too cold for it and a quick 1 mile m40 hop had me shivering!

Will be nice for the summer though.

I do worry how quickly my bike gear is accumulating…at least the mrs hasn’t complained yet.

Last edited:
Soldato
Dragged all my kit out and swapped the plate over for it's MOT this afternoon. It's going to be a little chilly in my mesh jacket and summer gloves :o
I had thermals on under my kit this morning for the 40 odd minute ride to get the bike, I did weigh up getting the textiles on, but the felt like admitting defeat to this Winter part 2 we seem to be getting

Man of Honour
Just got back, took it for a 30 minute bimble after the MOT and it actually wasn't too cold.

Stopped off at the shop in the middle and it seems like it may have developed a well know triumph feature of not liking starting when hot though :o

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
What's everyone's insurance like cost wise? Last time I checked mine for an MT09 SP it was close to a grand, made my eyes water considering I use to pay £180-230 when I was 19-20. :eek: Getting an itch again, two guys at work just part-ex their bikes and got some new toys for the season, trying to be sensible, but urges are getting stronger. lol

Last edited:
Man of Honour
What's everyone's insurance like cost wise? Last time I checked mine for an MT09 SP it was close to a grand, made my eyes water considering I use to pay £180-230 when I was 19-20. :eek: Getting an itch again, two guys at work just part-ex their bikes and got some new toys for the season, trying to be sensible, but urges are getting stronger. lol
£130ish for mine TPFT, £240ish if I wanted fully comp. 6 points, 2 fault accidents and no garage so I'm pretty happy with those figures :D

Associate
Just renewed mine for iirc £480 but have it on monthly payments so went up to about £550, that's for a 2018 Ducati Panigale V4 i'm in my 40's no claims/convictions bike is garaged 2 years ncb it was £1000 couple of years ago w/o ncb.

Back
Top Bottom