Biker's Cafe Chatroom

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
It doesn't sound too bad, also when did the forum turn into ducati owners forum? :p

I'm starting with 0 ncb's, so it won't be cheap, I haven't had time to look yet... :/

Last edited:
Associate
My ninja 650 was about £600 (fully comp), fresh license no ncb but in my 40s with no convictions etc.

Hopefully next couple years will see that drop (and maybe also get on this Ducati trend)

Last edited:
Associate
I'm pretty sure my insurance for the CBR 600F4 is sub £200 TPFT (cant remember exact numbers), Had my license just under a year before I bought the bike last year, 0 NCB and it's Garaged.

Soldato
Honestly, my insurance is due for renewal. Last year I paid £27 a month. Now they are wanted in excess of £50!
No stuff has changed, if anything it is better as I have a tracker on the bike now.

3K miles a year, with pillion, 7 years NCD - Over £400 if I pay outright. its insane. Bike is a Versys 1000, 2020.

Any idea which broker give the best prices?
To be honest, i'm on the fence of selling up - The cost of everything in this **** country is just awful. If i'm honest, the bike is the only thing keeping me excited this year, and I might not even be able to afford that, I feel that a lot of people are in the same situation.

Associate
Just had my renewal through today
37, 5 years NCB. Gsx8s. Garaged. £520 fully comp, that's up about £50 from last year

Found a few quotes for around £100 less so I'll be doing some shopping around

Soldato
To be honest, i'm on the fence of selling up - The cost of everything in this **** country is just awful. If i'm honest, the bike is the only thing keeping me excited this year, and I might not even be able to afford that, I feel that a lot of people are in the same situation.

Yea I feel this but I'd rather not give up biking.

As for brokers, just try them all.
Ive never found a single cheapest.

Soldato
Honestly, my insurance is due for renewal. Last year I paid £27 a month. Now they are wanted in excess of £50!
No stuff has changed, if anything it is better as I have a tracker on the bike now.

3K miles a year, with pillion, 7 years NCD - Over £400 if I pay outright. its insane. Bike is a Versys 1000, 2020.

Any idea which broker give the best prices?
Sorry to read this, I feel similar to be honest.
There’s very little you can do anymore without restrictions of some sort.
I used to find escapism flying RC models, that’s now heavily regulated due to the drone crowd mis-behaving.
One bit of advice I can suggest however is running an older bike.
I personally like the old BMWs but there’s plenty of older Japanese stuff that’s nice too.
I pay £80 fully comprehensive on my BMW R850R

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I had the same thoughts due to not having massive amounts of spare cash to burn as petrol now we've got nursery fees and things to pay for but I just can't bring myself to sell it even if I only get out on it for 700miles like I have the last couple of years.

Associate
Sold my 1 year old R1250 GSA today. Mixed feelings about it tbh. It was a really good bike but when I had my wife on the back I was getting anxiety anytime I was coming to a stop as it was quite top heavy with her on the back and luggage.

I didn’t care about dropping and damaging the bike but was worried about her getting hurt if I dropped it. I’ll just have to admit I made a costly mistake and bought the wrong bike.

My back isn’t the best so now thinking about a middleweight upright bike with a lower seat height.

I test rode a NT1100 DCT and it was fine with the Mrs on the back. I was actually just enjoying the ride for once without worrying about having to stop. Now I’ll maybe try the Tracer 9 and Tiger 900.

Soldato
Mine vfr 750 & zzr1200 fully comp £200 ish can always find cheaper but try to go middle ground so they actually pay-out when the time comes nearly always you can haggle to bring down to the previous year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom