Bikers you hate

Soldato
Twice here in about 6 years of filtering, once years ago first time I was filtering in London, got abit tight and forgot to check the distance on left hand side, skimmed a vans mirror.
And another one recently :p
having not ridden for 6 months I was on the Triple filtering down St Cross road into Winchester and naked bikes are great as their mirrors are easily higher than car mirrors, totally forgot about vans though, they are perfect height for wacking :p well anyway he was well over in the road anyway and I skimmed his Mirror, barely even touched him didn't even move my mirror, got beeped at though!

Soldato
I was infront of a guy who couldn't filter the other day, he was on his 59 plate BMW 1100cc and couldn't filter for ****. Then there was the guy on the CBR125 infront of me then me on the YZF125. I know what you're saying, he had a bigger bike so it was harder for him, not really the gaps he was stopping at were ridiculous, I could have blind reversed an HGV through some of them. Got a break when he moved into a different lane, and me and the CBR were off at a resonable pace.

Soldato
I give the police bikes and cars a nod normally :p

Regarding filtering... I filter where I can, but being a relatively new rider I am very unsure when it comes to filtering on what's acceptable and what's not. I feel a bit cheeky in some situations. I don't need to filter very often on my daily route to work.

More practice is required. Can I follow you around for a bit Fireskull? :D

Same as me then, I do it when I feel it is worth it but not if I can get through the lights on the next green. My main issue is pulling back in and annoying a car driver or stopping in the Red box and getting pulled by the police.

Soldato
I don’t really hate any bikers, I cuss some in my helmet from time to time, but that’s as far as it goes really.

Today though……

Riding through Swindon town, I was going down a hill in a 30 zone, a car behind me, not too close, but whilst periodically checking my mirrors I caught a glimpse of a blazing headlight, shortly followed by an extremely loud can.

I carry on riding, still have this car behind me, then I hear a bike open up and the blazing headlight overtakes the car behind me….. in a 30…. when traffic is doing 30…. so my **** end detector pings this rider, and his mate who also overtakes the car!

A couple of hundred yards down the road both bikes are right up my chuff, weaving from side to side as if to try to intimidate me into moving over, but I remain in the dominant position, we approach a mini roundabout so I slow to give way to a car and the first rider almost goes in the back of me; I couldn’t see his gesture but I think he called me a ****er.

Traffic is very heavy in both lanes as we approach a double roundabout, I’m indicating to turn right now, so both these **** ends move left and carry straight on – getting up to at least 50 and ‘filtering’ (racing more like) past traffic! Not only that, but a third bike I hadn’t seen, goes after them and pops a wheelie…..

So today, I hated the two blokes/lads riding super motos like ****s and I wasn’t too impressed with the wheelie dude on his hanging old bandit :mad:

Soldato
Group of us were out on a run coming back down through Glencoe. 8 RSV Mille's. All of which had race cans with no baffles fitted. So at one point we are bimbling along in a 40mph zone through a village when 5 Harley Davidson riders come up behind us and decide that they really can't be bothered sticking to the speed limit so they overtake us. In the 40mph zone. :rolleyes:

One of our guys 2nd from front sort of raises his left arm in a "what the hell are you thinking about?" type manner and the last HD rider looks over as he does it and makes a point of flicking him the finger as he passes.

One of them, the third one, nearly hits a car pulling out wide across the road from its parking space on the opposite side of the road. Swerves and gets away with it. I'm thinking "Ok - lets see what happens now" when we hit the NSL zone coming out of the village. Sure enough, said HD riders continue to bimble along and wobble all over the shop with us pushing them on behind. Then we get an overtake opportunity and we make our move. The HD's all sounded quite loud but paled into insignificance once they had 8 RSV's with race systems ( Some Akra's, TIG's and my own Renegade system :D ) buzz past them. We did go by them at a fair auld pace and childishly made sure we buzzed them at close range. Funnily enough they didn't manage to keep up with us after that but we did see them further down the road at a fuel stop in Tyndrum when they pulled in and parked up but sat sheepishly at the other end of the car park till we left.

Not a great representation of the noise but this is 4 Mille's with open cans doing a flypast on a previous run. Times that by x2 and thats what the Harley muppets got. :D

Soldato
So today, I hated the two blokes/lads riding super motos like ****s and I wasn’t too impressed with the wheelie dude on his hanging old bandit :mad:

Sadly you get cocks on bikes as well as in cars, van, HGVs, Police vehicles :)D ) etc. There are less of them on bikes though e.g. far fewer bikers speed through residential areas compared to cars IME, and the ones that do tend to be spotty 17 year olds on 125s (or stolen GSXRs).

Associate
This morning I hated virtually everyone on two wheels bar me and a chap on Sprint ST and a lewis Courier. Thanks to the rube strike had tonnes of additional traffic and so many noob cyclists and scooterists and fair weather bikers.
Oh and picking up a likely 3 points on the way home from St georges hosp in tooting last night hasnt helped my mood. Huurah.

Soldato
Group of us were out on a run coming back down through Glencoe. 8 RSV Mille's. All of which had race cans with no baffles fitted. So at one point we are bimbling along in a 40mph zone through a village when 5 Harley Davidson riders come up behind us and decide that they really can't be bothered sticking to the speed limit so they overtake us. In the 40mph zone. :rolleyes:

One of our guys 2nd from front sort of raises his left arm in a "what the hell are you thinking about?" type manner and the last HD rider looks over as he does it and makes a point of flicking him the finger as he passes.

One of them, the third one, nearly hits a car pulling out wide across the road from its parking space on the opposite side of the road. Swerves and gets away with it. I'm thinking "Ok - lets see what happens now" when we hit the NSL zone coming out of the village. Sure enough, said HD riders continue to bimble along and wobble all over the shop with us pushing them on behind. Then we get an overtake opportunity and we make our move. The HD's all sounded quite loud but paled into insignificance once they had 8 RSV's with race systems ( Some Akra's, TIG's and my own Renegade system :D ) buzz past them. We did go by them at a fair auld pace and childishly made sure we buzzed them at close range. Funnily enough they didn't manage to keep up with us after that but we did see them further down the road at a fuel stop in Tyndrum when they pulled in and parked up but sat sheepishly at the other end of the car park till we left.

Not a great representation of the noise but this is 4 Mille's with open cans doing a flypast on a previous run. Times that by x2 and thats what the Harley muppets got. :D

Awesome noise! I've never actually ridden in a group with another twin, I always seem to be with IL4's!

Back
Top Bottom