Bikers Youtube thread

Caporegime
Am I the only one getting bored of those two? They're decent to watch but I feel this road trip could've been one epic hour long session rather than multiple episodes that feel like they're scraping their adventure for anything to add to prolong it. I also think a third person would've added a ton to the chemistry. Like me. On a Monster 600.

Man of Honour
If they are being serious about the amount of drink they had, then they’ll be way over the drink drive limit which is stupid.

Well they're not exactly law abiding with their illegal exhaust and wheelies so I don't think they're that bothered.

I see this series as a pilot, and I hope they refine the idea for future budget bike battles.

Soldato
Well they're not exactly law abiding with their illegal exhaust and wheelies so I don't think they're that bothered.

I see this series as a pilot, and I hope they refine the idea for future budget bike battles.
That’s small stuff, deciding to get on a bike after a heavy night of drinking is a silly decision to make and I’m surprised they filmed themselves doing it.

Soldato
I think they have more common sense than to ride after a skinful . I suspect it was more for the story that actual fact . Im enjoying it but was a little disappointed that they chucked the bikes in the van

Soldato
Am I the only one getting bored of those two? They're decent to watch but I feel this road trip could've been one epic hour long session rather than multiple episodes that feel like they're scraping their adventure for anything to add to prolong it.

Nope, I really enjoy it.

Multiple videos, including some over the magic 30 minutes, maxes the YouTube $$$.

I imagine there's a certain amount of artistic licence in what the do and film, in relation to the boozing then riding. After all, and this may come as a surprise to some, most TV is scripted including the beloved and comparable Top Gear.

Soldato
Am I the only one getting bored of those two? They're decent to watch but I feel this road trip could've been one epic hour long session rather than multiple episodes that feel like they're scraping their adventure for anything to add to prolong it. I also think a third person would've added a ton to the chemistry. Like me. On a Monster 600.

Not the only one, I'm sure a few are - but I'm not, think they're legends and much more enjoyable to watch than a lot of the yank rubbish on YT.

Soldato
I'm enjoying the series. Them having a laugh riding bikes and getting in test rides on the way - Lucky guys!
Test rides?

They are motorcycle journalists and have been for years. The reason they had to chuck the bikes in the van to get to the circuit where they had a prebooked session to review the bikes so couldn't turn up late / miss it and the van was the only sure fire way to get there on time after leaving later than originally planned (and with the bikes having issues).

Soldato
It does seem like they’re dragging things out like the floppy mirror and three cylinder thing, I’m sure they’re easy fixes they could easily solve but leave them to add to the drama. Just seems a bit forced to me but overall it’s quite an enjoyable watch especially given the fact I’m sure they don’t have a production team.

Soldato
Why are people analysing this series so much? Watch it, have a laugh move on. It's like people that take Top Gear / The Grand Tour seriously... just don't. Turn your brain off and you'll be fine.

I think it's great. For years we've been missing a biking 'top gear / GT' and I think this is the closest it's come for a while. If you watch it purely for the bikes then this show is not for you, again, just like TG/GT.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Why are people analysing this series so much? Watch it, have a laugh move on. It's like people that take Top Gear / The Grand Tour seriously... just don't. Turn your brain off and you'll be fine.

I think it's great. For years we've been missing a biking 'top gear / GT' and I think this is the closest it's come for a while. If you watch it purely for the bikes then this show is not for you, again, just like TG/GT.
That's why I'm thankful for the YT channels that entertain me whilst sharing useful technical knowledge, I find TG better in terms of tests and cars compared to GT. The GT show has taken a slightly wrong turn imho... I'll still watch it, but it could be improved.

Back
Top Bottom