Bikers Youtube thread

Caporegime
A good informative review, although his delivery goes between 'deliberate deep south hick that's really hard to comprehend' and 'generic american accent that i can easily process'

All part of the act, check out some of his other vids to see what he's like, hands down one of my favourite personalities on Biking stuff :)

Man of Honour
Very impressive. Do you know the track at this point?

He's got videos up since 2012 so I'd imagine so!

I'd be interested to know any first timer tips Edd. I'm doing my first track day (with tuition) this year and if I get the bug the ring will be my next test before going all in on track days.

Soldato
He's got videos up since 2012 so I'd imagine so!

I'd be interested to know any first timer tips Edd. I'm doing my first track day (with tuition) this year and if I get the bug the ring will be my next test before going all in on track days.

Hold on, keep to the right, crap yourself. Realise that the gradient change and blind crests are all over the track and videos will never give you a real perception of them. Don't time yourself. As an inexperienced 'ring motorcyclist, being vulnerable and all, you will find that you cannot take a proper line into corners, it's going to reduce your speed. This is mainly due to much faster traffic on your nearside that you will not want to move out into and, even having checked your mirror, might be approaching at multiple times your speed and only become visible at the last second. I rode a bike on the 'ring once, to experience it, I'll never go back on with a bike again.

Oh and, crap yourself.

Soldato
I think it's a regular track day Kreeeee is doing though.

The tutor will give you most you know, but I would say don't underestimate how tiring it is. Now I'm bigger than most, but not totally unfit, but I don't tend to last all 20 minutes of a session. I'd rather not be out there and tired.

Also, be ready for idiots. They say don't dive under someone, but as you're about to tip into a corner, it's quite common for someone to appear underneath you.

Soldato
Over £6000 is not budget :p
It's a budget/limit. I'm sure you can get Italian bikes for an actual low budget but they obviously wanted modern ones which will in theory not need working on all the time, unlike the previous bikes. It is a bit of a shame but it should hopefully be a good watch still. I assume the starting issue was being done as a mess about due to the SRAD being a turd to start.

Soldato
Was a bit boring. I switched off near the end.

I was under the impression the point of the series was buying a piece of crap bike that was legendary back in the day, 'doing it up' and then taking it on an extended trip. The whole point being that there'd be breakdowns, modifications and general shenanigans.
I enjoyed watching them research, pick up and mod the bikes in the last series.
In this one they did 5 mins of research, overspent and turned up with 2 bikes which had been predetermined before they had started filming because they'd already arranged factory tours.

Soldato
Was a bit boring. I switched off near the end.

I was under the impression the point of the series was buying a piece of crap bike that was legendary back in the day, 'doing it up' and then taking it on an extended trip. The whole point being that there'd be breakdowns, modifications and general shenanigans.
I enjoyed watching them research, pick up and mod the bikes in the last series.
In this one they did 5 mins of research, overspent and turned up with 2 bikes which had been predetermined before they had started filming because they'd already arranged factory tours.
Yup. After I posted the above I had a look on autotrader, easily pick up Italians for £2k (which seems much more 'budget' to me)...but you may also need to fix them every 10 miles.

Back
Top Bottom