Bikers Youtube thread

Soldato
Any one keep up with the Delboy/workshop feud.

I used to like Delboys earlier maintiance videos Before he got his garage where he would keep to the simple stuff and not try to hard, He's always been a bit arrogant but I took any thing he said with a pinch of salt any way.
It wasn't until I saw one of matt (theworkshop) videos that outed Del to realise how arrogant Del is.
Yes Matt rips Del apart in his videos but its kind of justified. (Del did get him cautioned by the police for "harassment")
To be honest I'm on the fence with both of them, Dels videos are still informational as long as you don't take every thing he says as gospel and Matt can be quite funny and knows his stuff but I have to skip a lot of his ranting as he does go on a bit.

Matts long winded view of the feud and what happened.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81VyIb-Ge4Q&t=812s

And one of Delboys videos that started the feud over Dels statment that "EBC advise grease to be used on the back of their brake pads"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz_SE9iGPiM

Soldato
I watched some of this earlier videos, and still dip in every now and then when one of the build videos grabs my interest. As someone who's not at all hands-on with maintenance, I found it quite interesting and that made me sit up and take notice all the more than there was something of a YouTube spat going on about what he does and how much of it is incorrect.

I don't really care one way or the other. The rebutter is quite an obnoxious person, who may or may not be correct. Del is clearly trying to build something (he's put a huge amount of effort into it) and has done to the point where he's convinced over 200 people to support him on Patreon. It might well be built on shaky foundations, but I can understand why he'd try and protect it.

Life's too short either way. Watch it and enjoy or don't.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom