Bill Gates divorce

Soldato
I genuinely believe this is ********. Money solves problems if you have enough of it. There was a guy who won 6 million on the lotto who then lost all his friends after he paid off their mortgages and they moved away. Did he regret winning the money? he reply was, Nope, I don't have to cycle for 6 miles in the ******* rain to a job I didn't like anyway, if I feel a bit down I can afford to jump on a plane and go to Barbados instead. I think I would love to have a few million quid in the bank to see if I spending some of it made me a bit happier. I think there is certainly value in things that you have worked hard to obtain though.

Depends how you define happiness, it allows you to be free from the worry of paying bills, is that happiness?

True motives are usually hidden behind falsehoods.

Soldato
I genuinely believe this is ********. Money solves problems if you have enough of it. There was a guy who won 6 million on the lotto who then lost all his friends after he paid off their mortgages and they moved away. Did he regret winning the money? he reply was, Nope, I don't have to cycle for 6 miles in the ******* rain to a job I didn't like anyway, if I feel a bit down I can afford to jump on a plane and go to Barbados instead. I think I would love to have a few million quid in the bank to see if I spending some of it made me a bit happier. I think there is certainly value in things that you have worked hard to obtain though.

Of course it can't buy happiness but it can make your life easier...

Caporegime
Depends how you define happiness, it allows you to be free from the worry of paying bills, is that happiness?
money makes it easier to find hapiness, money buys time to do things you actually want to do

for the majority of people life is just a big grind to retirement and an age when your life is over and you can't enjoy the things you dreamed of

Soldato
again, I am not sure there is ever enough. There was a guy who was interviewed for a magazine a while ago, he was comfortably earning a six figure salary for one of the major banks. His kids went to private school and they had a nice house. His social circle is mainly friend and family and some of the parents of the school his kids go to. He said in the interview that he thought he was rich but when he saw some of the parents of the kids that went to the same school as his kids did he was poor compared to some of them. He said he might be in the top 1% of earners in the country but he makes money for the top 1% of those people and he will never be able to compete.
Comparison is the thief of joy.

Soldato
Its not a mental illness, some people are straight-up stupid.

Mental illnesses are tough to define, but one such definition is “a syndrome characterized by clinically significant disturbance in an individual's cognition, emotion regulation, or behavior that reflects a dysfunction in the psychological, biological, or developmental processes underlying mental functioning.” Conspiracy theorists display a number of these characteristics, not least cognitive failure and a complete collapse in their ability to reason.

It’s easy to call them stupid, but generally being stupid is treatable.

Caporegime
He will have a pre-nup.

He doesn't have one.

I'd be very surprised if bill gates didn't make large profits from his "donations". I find it hard to believe he's some kind of Saint donating money out of the goodness of his heart.

How come he's still one of wealthiest in world and only owns 1% of Microsoft?

That makes no sense at all tbh...

Also, his 1-2% stake in Microsoft alone is worth a 10 figure $ amount, having any 10 figure amount makes you one of the wealthiest in the world!

Of course it can't buy happiness but it can make your life easier...

Pretty much yeah! While it won't be guaranteed to make you happy it can at least remove some negatives/prevent you from being unhappy as a result of solving various issues that commonly make people unhappy.

Caporegime
Associate
from someone who didnt want the kids to get that much money to no pre nup

Its like he want to buy the world or something haha

Back
Top Bottom