US: Billions (2016)

Soldato
Sky are usually 2 or 3 weeks behind US airing if it's the same as previous seasons.

They might only have 7 episodes ready due to COVID lockdown, they were still filming right upto the lockdown date.

Soldato
yes up to 7, Covid stopped filming.
This show unfortunately has turned into a bit of a parody of itself now. Axe has gone from smart/cunning to just douche/child. The show worked due to the clever one-ups between the main cast but I think they have ran out of ideas!

Pet Northerner
Don
I'm really late to this but have spent the past 2 weeks absorbing this show. Seasons 1 & 2 are some of the best tv I've seen. S3 was good but since then I feel it's running out of steam, I'm looking forward to the end of s5 but I kinda hope it ends there before it becomes too worn.

Soldato
hmmm, suspicious of it - I'll watch it still mind you.
Edit - have you seen the S5 part 2 trailer? Paul giamatti has lost a tonne of weight!

I think he fluctuates weight quite a bit, but yeh looks very trim in the trailer. Anyway hope the break has given them time to polish all the mess they wrote themselves into - but im not hopeful.

Soldato
Didn't realise Damien Lewis' wife died this year.

EDIT: Saw the episode. A nice return. Paul Giamatti has lost some presence and power to me with his weight change. It was the same in 'The Booth at the End' when The Man (Xander Berkeley) appeared in season 2 clean shaven.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom