US: Billions (2016)

Soldato
I'm still in it purely for the time investment of the previous seasons but between Chuck being the saviour of the people whilst being minted himself going against the big bad billionaire's it's really lost it's way. The 'Billions' speak with all the references this season has really been ramped up to the point I don't even get half of them.

I mean last night Wendy used Pitbull as a reference :confused:

Soldato
It felt a bit wierd how they had to shoot the last season, and he's lost his wife, so not surprised he has left. Top class actor IMO. It felt like either Booby or Chuck had to suffer a signficant defeat sooner or later too.

I can't particularly remember the end of the last season, I think Axe had to run and hide? What was the actual reason for him leaving the show?

I'm only 3 eps into this season but it just doesn't seem the same. Everyone being nice to each other, people making decisions based on morals and looking out for each other... the story seems simpler and a little basic... for me it's definitely lost it's edge.

Soldato
What was the actual reason for him leaving the show?

His wife died of cancer in 2021 so he wanted to spend more time with his family.

I wish they'd wrapped it up at the end of season 5 as it had all come to a natural conclusion. Season 6 feels like a chore to watch and if they drag it out to another I doubt I'll bother with it. Also, is it just me or is the product placement off the scale in season 6 or did I just not notice it as much previously?

Soldato
i love billions since the start, not fussed on this season tbh, i do miss damien lewis, though he may return, really not a fan prince, just doesnt have that badness axelrod has:D prince is too nicey, even when trying to be bad

Soldato
I think I’m out. I’ve made it as far as the episode with the lists of costs popping up next to people and references every other sentence. It’s just not the same anymore and seems almost like a caricature of itself. It hasn’t been great for a season or two anyway. Should have stopped with Axe leaving.

Soldato
I think I’m out. I’ve made it as far as the episode with the lists of costs popping up next to people and references every other sentence. It’s just not the same anymore and seems almost like a caricature of itself. It hasn’t been great for a season or two anyway. Should have stopped with Axe leaving.
After that horrible episode, I stuck on the next one a few days later and persevered and quite liked it by the end. Though I actually prefer Prince to Rhodes at the moment as I’m finding he’s getting a little tiresome (though well acted, of course!)

Series 7 might actually be quite interesting.

Soldato
Bleugh... finally got around to watching series 6. Think the show has run its course now. As @Converge said, Rhodes once a likeable character has now just become tiresome.

Not sure I'll bother tuning into the next series

Soldato
Yeah, they should definitely kill it after 1 more season. Wrap it up it's been very enjoyable though, and much better than the Marvel/Disney drivel. Billions has been superceded and bettered by Succession, a "similair" show, just much better.

Soldato
i love billions since the start, not fussed on this season tbh, i do miss damien lewis, though he may return, really not a fan prince, just doesnt have that badness axelrod has:D prince is too nicey, even when trying to be bad
They are move bad ass, the main difference is that axelrod shows his emotions so easily but price is stealthy and quiet

Back
Top Bottom