Bitcoin mining

Associate
Here are my rigs.

IMG_1131.JPG

Soldato
Here are my rigs.
IMG_1131.JPG

That's quite a lot of hardware.

Even if the bitcoin thing doesnt work out, you could host some computer programs, which require heavy processing.

All you'd need is a fast/reliable internet connection and to ensure that your computers are stable.

Companies are charging £30+/month for virtual computers with 1 CPU core and little memory.

Associate
So can anyone give me an idot guide to how to start Litecoin mining.

I downloaded the windows version from Litecoin.org but don't know what to do next.

Where do I register a wallet ?

It tells me I can start mining but is that it?

Associate
I can see the point of Bitcoin providing a safe, secure alternative for investment by making it exceptionally difficult to generate the currency. The computational power required to solve the hashes makes it almost fraud proof which I'm assuming was whole point of it. On the other hand is seems pointless with the resources wasted to generate them with nothing to show for it other than a slightly warmer house.

Unfortunate it had to be done I guess. You can trust a computer more than a human with money. :p

Associate
Very quickly changed mind as seems to be a lot of trouble just to get started.

Was only going to have a go for the hell of it but my time is better spent reviewing stocks than trying to work out how to get started.

Soldato
If you want, you could try buying the virtual currency. Treat is like any other share/stock/commodity.

Due to the volatile nature of virtual currency, its possible to lose money quickly, but also to gain money fast. I think someone earlier in this thread stated that they made a very high percentage (by buying and selling, within a few days).

Associate
That's quite a lot of hardware.

Even if the bitcoin thing doesnt work out, you could host some computer programs, which require heavy processing.

All you'd need is a fast/reliable internet connection and to ensure that your computers are stable.

Companies are charging £30+/month for virtual computers with 1 CPU core and little memory.

Could be interesting in the unlikely event it becomes unprofitable to mine litecoins. I have a total of 17*7950 and 4*7850 cards.

Associate
[FnG]magnolia;24192568 said:
The whole point of it was to make the originators of this faux-currency very, very wealthy by appealing to geeks, get-rich-quick types, and criminals.

Yes, thanks for your insight. Go do some more research then come back.

Back
Top Bottom