Bitcoin mining

Soldato
A few have been sent out to a few select people and they have started shipping orders, although apparently its only 10 a day.

I was half tempted but decided not too for now, as it could be July / August before you get your order, if it ever turns up.

Soldato
Have you guys seen the thread on reddit gaming section about the gaming league, ESEA that embedded a bit coin mining application in their software to play games? Forced the GPU to use 10% more than usual and to kick in 10 mins after being idle. They have around 20k users who use the client and they have been milking them for bit coins.

Caporegime
Have you guys seen the thread on reddit gaming section about the gaming league, ESEA that embedded a bit coin mining application in their software to play games? Forced the GPU to use 10% more than usual and to kick in 10 mins after being idle. They have around 20k users who use the client and they have been milking them for bit coins.

Dodgy bot net is dodgy.

Caporegime
I really am in two minds whether to order the 5gh/s ASIC miner from Butterflylabs, but should I?

Has anyone else here done it or have one?

there is a massive waiting list you won't see one until everyone else has one at which point the advantage is lost and making your money back will be as bad as using a GPU now

ooh that's actually a good idea for F2P games, they could give you currency based on how many bitcoin shares you earn them instead of selling stuff for real money.

Soldato
there is a massive waiting list you won't see one until everyone else has one at which point the advantage is lost and making your money back will be as bad as using a GPU now.

If its "as bad as using a gpu now" theres still plenty of money to made then. Advantage of GPU mining is even if it crashes / its not profitable to mine you can just sell the cards or use them for games. A dedicated mining machine will be worthless.

Soldato

Woah, that's an interesting twist. Don't play any esports, but what is going to be the next one? swapping seti@home or the cancer one for bitcoin mining? Possibilities are there... :eek:

Soldato
ooh that's actually a good idea for F2P games, they could give you currency based on how many bitcoin shares you earn them instead of selling stuff for real money.

This is a very good idea.
As long as you inform the people who are running your client, its a very good idea.

Soldato
AND HE SHALL BE RESURRECTED!

Has anyone from this thread made an absolute fortune? Or like me, full of regret and hindsight, knowing that I mined Bitcoin in 2013 but now have no idea where my wallets are. I was mining when it "crashed" from £160 to £90 in April 2013...

Soldato
AND HE SHALL BE RESURRECTED!

Has anyone from this thread made an absolute fortune? Or like me, full of regret and hindsight, knowing that I mined Bitcoin in 2013 but now have no idea where my wallets are. I was mining when it "crashed" from £160 to £90 in April 2013...

Full of regret club here, did a fair bit of mining back in the day, saw the pathetic returns and gave up on it, parked the coins as wasn't worth going through the trouble of selling them (coinbase wasn't really a known thing back then) and now the HDD's are long gone.

Ah well, it is what it is, not going to get hung up on it.

Back
Top Bottom