Black and Green Water Cooled Shinobi XL!!!

Soldato
OP
Very nice, like your theme and braiding, very similar to the route i've gone down:

5f0caa582fd8f8c9e41cc048a91ade0b_zpsa92d58b7.jpg

Braiding is "cablemodder" stuff from a popular internet auction site. Really impressed with it, you can't see through it, I think its just the camera flash.

First time ever braiding but the heatshrinkless method is really easy and looks neat if you can suffer the burnt fingers lol, I just used a guide off youtube it was pretty simple.

Yeah its plugged into a tasty titan :D

Aye, I was going to go shrinkless with this build, but I quite like the shrink, I think with one or two of your wires, you need to pull the shrink a bit tighter, it will stop it looking like it goes different thicknesses ;)

Also take a look at the mdpc-x sleeve, I'm guessing it's a lot more than what you paid, but Imo worth it for the looks/quality!

This build was going to have a titan in, but I managed to talk the guy who I'm building it for out of it as he really wouldn't get the use out of it.... I wish I hadn't now though, I'd really like to get hands on one and have a play around.... The look BEAST!

Soldato
OP
Braiding is "cablemodder" stuff from a popular internet auction site. Really impressed with it, you can't see through it, I think its just the camera flash.

First time ever braiding but the heatshrinkless method is really easy and looks neat if you can suffer the burnt fingers lol, I just used a guide off youtube it was pretty simple.

Yeah its plugged into a tasty titan :D

Aye, I was going to go shrinkless with this build, but I quite like the shrink, I think with one or two of your wires, you need to pull the shrink a bit tighter, it will stop it looking like it goes different thicknesses ;)

Also take a look at the mdpc-x sleeve, I'm guessing it's a lot more than what you paid, but Imo worth it for the looks/quality! What you use seems alright though, certainly does the job!

This build was going to have a titan in, but I managed to talk the guy who I'm building it for out of it as he really wouldn't get the use out of it.... I wish I hadn't now though, I'd really like to get hands on one and have a play around.... The look BEAST!

Associate

Also take a look at the mdpc-x sleeve, I'm guessing it's a lot more than what you paid, but Imo worth it for the looks/quality! What you use seems alright though, certainly does the job!

Yeah I was looking at the mdpc stuff but ordering seemed like too much of a pain as the store was never online when I checked it. The stuff I got was about £4 for 5 meters so not mega expensive but it does seem like pretty good quality. You cant see through it in normal light and its pretty tightly weaved when its loose.

Soldato
OP
Il order a bit of what you had I think, I've had samples of quite a few different sleeves lately as I've got a few ideas!
Yeah its a shame mdpc isn't open all the time, but I don't mind, I just set a reminder for when he's next open, or check around dinner time, nils opens up then sometimes.

I checked my order history the other week, I've spent nearly 500 quid on sleeve and I have another order to go in soon for a set of cables for someone... =D

Soldato
OP
If Razer made PC's :p
The deathadder 2013 would go perfectly with this :D

funnily enough, the guy who wants the build has razer peripherals, he has the blackwidow and i think the mamba!

Very nice build :)

thanks! appreciated, hopefully the GPU blocks will come into stock soon and i can get it finished off! been waiting aaaaages on them =(

Associate
funnily enough, the guy who wants the build has razer peripherals, he has the blackwidow and i think the mamba!

Yeah, I have the Blackwidow Ultimate and the Mamba :) (sadly the Blackwidow Ultimate is the blue one though so it doesn't match the lighting in the PC :( but the Mamba can be any colour I want it to be!)

Last edited:
Associate
You must have never tried to sleeve an OCZ PSU..
Nice work so far, loving the green LEDs in the raystorm block.

Yeah we knew the blue LEDs wouldn't work with all the green so it was necessary to mod it to have green LEDs instead, the same will be done for the GTX 680 Raystorm water block when it arrives.

I believe at some point we'll be putting in a green LED strip as well to add a bit more lighting.

One of the good things about this case is because of the huge side window you can really get a good look inside and admire the computer but also the green lights will be able to light up any area next to the window too :D

Associate
yeah well done it looks really nice

I would have to agree with you there :) shouldn't be long until I can collect it from him, the main wait is for the graphics card and the Raystorm water block for it.

Once everything is in place we can have a look to see whether we think a green LED strip is needed, might be a little too dark without it but we haven't seen how it looks with the Raystorm GPU water block, the fans and the RAM lit up yet. Plus we have some more individual LEDs (although they're not ambient ones) and some UV LEDs as the water coolant is a UV mixture.

One idea we had is to put a UV LED at the reservoir to make the UV mixture glow inside the reservoir.

Associate
The new xspc tube res looks as if that might be a possibility internally if you haven't already bought the res that is.

I know we didn't go for the water cooling kit in the end because it was out of stock and therefore easier to buy the parts separately which came really quickly but I'm not sure which res he bought, we'll have to wait and see (I believe it was the one that came with the kit but could be mistaken).

Associate
Yeah, I have the Blackwidow Ultimate and the Mamba :) (sadly the Blackwidow Ultimate is the blue one though so it doesn't match the lighting in the PC :( but the Mamba can be any colour I want it to be!)

Today I purchased the BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Edition, so my keyboard will be glowing green as well as everything else.

I just feel that a blue LED keyboard wouldn't work with everything else being black and green.

BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Edition arrived 17/05

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom