Black ops 4 open beta (pc)

Soldato
Managed 2 games, both times lasted around 7 seconds before quickly dying. The other attempts were denied by a "Error: lobby not joinable" notifcation.

Trash, uninstalled.

Soldato
A lot of people here lack a bit of patience! 1 round...2 rounds..then uninstalled? Really?

I'll go as far as to say that I think it's better than PUBG in many respects. There's still SO much wrong with PUBG.

Associate
Enjoyed playing this, surprisingly, but the graphics are absolutely shocking, I thought PUBG looked bad, but wow, playing on high at 1080p, it looked like a ps2 game I haven’t played a CoD on PC since CoD4, and I don’t remember that looking as bad as this.

One of the best BR I have played for sheer fun, I uninstalled PUBG a long time ago, I’m on the fence about buying this, it looks so bad it actually turns me off it somewhat, despite enjoying
Setting the resolution scale to 100
Turning off all post processing
Setting AA to x16

And the game looks a lot nicer, not great but much nicer than the default look, my god that was ugly

V F

V F

Soldato
A lot of people here lack a bit of patience! 1 round...2 rounds..then uninstalled? Really?

I'll go as far as to say that I think it's better than PUBG in many respects. There's still SO much wrong with PUBG.

Lack a bit? Instant society.

I do have my sights on this game but I'm holding off due to all the crashes people has been reporting.

Soldato
I was quite excited last night to go play cod beta as I had some fun with them in the past on xbox 360 but this was a fairly junk game, I couldn't believe how much of a fortnite clone it was and I found it pretty funny people thanking bus driver when getting dropped off.

Seemed like poor effort as well the weapons just randomly all over the floor and every time I died I had to ctrl alt delete end the game and reboot. Also pad support didn't feel right. Graphics looked like a free to play game. felt more like an early alpha than a beta.

I didn't actually like fortnite but that actually seems quite good after playing this.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not played a Call of Duty game since World at War in 2008?

I have like many been against buying a call of duty due for various reasons. However after trying the blackout beta (big pubg fan, not a fan of fortnite) i can almost certainly say i will be getting this. Very fun what we have played so far. Runs really smooth for me on a 2700x + Gtx 1050Ti @ 1080p with lowest settings on.

The main things i like about it over pubg are as follows:

Aiming - Feels a lot closer to raw input compared to Pubg and is far far less "clunky" imo.
Network - I don't get shot from behind walls/rocks ect on this like i would on pubg due to their poor server infrastructure/design ect
Inventory - Took a while to get used to and im not super keen on it, however i do like the way the ammunition works i like it a lot actually.
Performance - It runs damn well for me but others mileage may vary as we all know on here.

Things i would like to see changed/added/removed

Zone speed - It needs to be a little faster in the early game but the late game is fine.
Secondary weapon - Needs to be a dedicated handgun slot
Inventory space - Maybe have a backpack that offers 10 slots as well as the standard 5
Armour - Needs a slight nerf
9mm - needs a slight buff
Sound - firstly the intro sounds need to die a death. + i think they need to work a little bit more on the spacial sound. As it can often be a tad difficult to differentiate where certain sounds are coming from in this but in other games such as pub it's pretty easy.

Will be rendering a video later tonight after(if) we play a bit more, a few highlights from my shadow play including a victory :D

Caporegime
OP
Forgot i even had this bloody thing downloaded, might give it a try tonight. Can't say i've been impressed by the vids so far to say the least.

Soldato

Millennials... *shrug*

Sound - firstly the intro sounds need to die a death. + i think they need to work a little bit more on the spacial sound. As it can often be a tad difficult to differentiate where certain sounds are coming from in this but in other games such as pub it's pretty easy.

Yeah the sound is not great at all vs. PUBG.

I get about 90 fps on a 1080 @ 1440p, I believe the FPS is restricted on the beta?

Beta has a 90fps cap, but supposedly the full game will not have a cap.

My fps is all over the place... normally high 80's (V64/2700X at 3440x1440), but where there is a long draw distance it will dip into the 50's. I have a lot of effects set to low/off, but perhaps still need a bit of tweaking.

Soldato
Went in to duos with my 10 year old son today and we managed 3 top 5s including 1 win.

The graphics are not great but we got past that and it was actually quite fun.
The last COD i played for multiplayer purposes was cod 2 lol i did get infinte warfare to try the zombies for a tenner.

£32 quid on one site seems a decent price.

Man of Honour
Yeah, isn't the engine for this game still the old Quake 3 engine with just about every thing bolted on to it? Shocking that they've not invested in a more modern engine. It definitely shows its age

Caporegime
OP
Yeah, isn't the engine for this game still the old Quake 3 engine with just about every thing bolted on to it? Shocking that they've not invested in a more modern engine. It definitely shows its age

Pretty much, they said at one point it had all the quake elements removed from it but its doubtful that's the case. It's incredible how dated this thing looks compared to frosbite, unreal engine and idtech. Even the movement makes me feel like i'm in control of someone made of lego, just feels really clunky.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I'm enjoying it, I've no crashes the only niggles for me are the splash screens and the struggle inviting people to a squad. SO far a very promising beta, hopefully we will get another go at a beta update before release.

Back
Top Bottom