Black Suppressor

So i decide to spray a few colour accents on to the case.
I decided to spray the front side vent/grill part and also the top dust filter and back expansion brackets.

so this is the part i decided to spray paint first

P6100064_zpsrxmrzwv3.jpg

time to tape it up

P6100065_zpsrjzfrutk.jpg

im using this spray paint. its plastikote primer but i really like the gray matte colour so am going to use this as my main coat.

P6100066_zps1x1g0mq4.jpg

time for some spraying!!!!

so now i thought i would show a picture of everything sprayed while i wait for it to dry so i can fit it

P6100068_zpsozqq6y3n.jpg

now just to spray the rest and wait for it to dry .

P6110064_zpsgwiwgeoe.jpg

once its all dry ill fit it all and post a picture to show how it looks

Last edited:
so now the spray painting is complete and everything is assembled again here is are some pictures of how everything looks

This is a picture showing the top of the case

P6120068_zpsafufkib1.jpg

and then this is a picture of the inside brackets

P6120069_zpshtuas0is.jpg

This is a picture of the side

P6120065_zpsdmkpzffx.jpg

And this is a picture to also show off the brown copper pipes with the grey.

P6120070_zpsmliiohyp.jpg

Sorry for the hold up. Finally my parts have arrived for my custom cables. Had everything apart from the paracord last week but that some how took for ever.
Im just going to show you all the bits and hopefully later i can update with some of the progress i will make today.

so first up here are the two colours i will be using to sleeve my cables

IMG_9496_zpsxdy7x314.jpg

next up is the 18 awg cable and wire strippers

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l602/terabytemike/IMG_9497_zpskg5e95ge.jpg

crimpers

IMG_9498_zpsyz3dke1m.jpg

heatshrink

IMG_9499_zpsoywxy6r3.jpg

atx,sata,molex connectors

IMG_9502_zpsl7rhvkfr.jpg

and all of the pins i need

IMG_9508_zpsvbru1cjo.jpg

Very nice.

How easy did you find using those fittings?

Post some more pics once the copper has oxidised a bit.

It may be worth cleaning the copper to remove any finger prints as they might be more visible later.

Make sure you have a couple of practice runs with that crimper. I've got one I was using for 2.54mm pins and it's awkward to get the pin in the right place and very easy to totally squash the insulation. No problem on a test piece but could cause swearing if it's a carefully measured and sleeved wire wrecked.

Very nice.

How easy did you find using those fittings?

Post some more pics once the copper has oxidised a bit.

It may be worth cleaning the copper to remove any finger prints as they might be more visible later.

OK cool yeah once I've done the sleeving I'll have a clean of the pipes and post some pictures. I actually think the dark copper colour goes well with the noctua fans.
And the fittings were ok I guess. A little awkward to get the pipe in because it has to go in quite far. Another thing is there is a bit of movement while the pipe is in the fitting.

Make sure you have a couple of practice runs with that crimper. I've got one I was using for 2.54mm pins and it's awkward to get the pin in the right place and very easy to totally squash the insulation. No problem on a test piece but could cause swearing if it's a carefully measured and sleeved wire wrecked.

Thanks. I have over ordered on the pins and cable so will definitely be having some practice runs. Fingers crossed I'll get it done and it will look great

Back
Top Bottom