US: Blacklist

Soldato
Surprised there isn't a thread on this already!

Starting Monday. Looks like it has potential, the trailer seems to pretty much make watching the entire first episode a pointless affair but I'll be tuning in anyway.

Associate
I really like James Spader but this will get cancelled. I'll just re-watch Boston Legal again instead.

Caporegime
Female lead didn't exactly seem that upset her husband had been stabbed. Other than that it seems OK. Will watch another few episodes, see where it goes.

Soldato
OP
Enjoyed the first episode even though it was essentially a longer version of the trailer. I get a feeling there could be some fairly big twists through out.

Caporegime
Lead woman was all over the place both in acting and script. Spader is always good but really disliked the seemingly very common this new season in your face camera work, lots of bouncing around camera, lots of really close up face shots which is a bit weird and too much flash for the sake of flash, the cell moving out away from him type stuff.

Interesting, a better lead female and less over the top new director trying to be stylish in the same way Michael Bay might try and its got a decent premise and solid male lead.

Soldato
I think the lead woman is going to spoil this series as her character and acting skills look very poor, I will keep watching just to hear Spaders voice every week.

NZB

NZB

Associate
At least they made her character more interesting than usual, stabbing the pen into his neck was a bit unexpected.

Caporegime
At least they made her character more interesting than usual, stabbing the pen into his neck was a bit unexpected.

I didn't like it, they are clearly trying to make it that she is really basically a psycho and said as much, I forget what she said she was, narcassist, the scene with the husband being stabbed was just horrible acting but. She's flipping between being cold/not caring and a big girly smiling irritating pratt.

The whole happy light bouncy feel of her character when her and the husband were leaving. The over the top styling, in your face camera, the big overly showy bits that don't fit in all make me think directing will ruin it. A good normal show would send one car, maybe two and ask her to come with them but they did the chopper loads of people, it was over the top. THe trying to paint them as a happy couple with... seriously who would arrange a adoption appointment for your first day on a new job... with the FBI. These scenes have the subtlety of a Michael Bay emotional moment. Painfully see through and trying to be manipulative to show her two sides.

It's why I basically expected an over the top moment from her because they did over the top happy moments. It just felt wrong and poorly written/directed way to do it.

Premise, great, some of the cast, great, directing/lead actress/most of the script.... pretty poor so far.

Soldato
Lead woman was all over the place both in acting and script. Spader is always good but really disliked the seemingly very common this new season in your face camera work, lots of bouncing around camera, lots of really close up face shots which is a bit weird and too much flash for the sake of flash, the cell moving out away from him type stuff.

Interesting, a better lead female and less over the top new director trying to be stylish in the same way Michael Bay might try and its got a decent premise and solid male lead.

Ironically, and quite surprised you missed this, but the director is Joe Carnahan, who is far from 'new' and 'trying' to be stylish. His track record is great, The Grey, Smokin Aces, Narc and I even enjoyed The A-Team for what it was, a popcorn cash in.

Back
Top Bottom