Blank IP Config

Permabanned
Hi guys.

My mate has hid his Orange internet package today, got it all installed correctly, but for some reason it wont allow him to access 192.168.1.1 (he needs to do this to input his Orange Username and Password)

If he goes into CMD and types ipconfig, nothing happens, it just stays black, as if it isn't detecting the router.

Any ideas?

Permabanned
OP
Get him to setup a static IP of 192.168.1.2, mask 255.255.255.0, gateway 192.168.1.1.
DNS doesn't really matter.

That'll give him access to the router to configure it and to unsure that the DHCP server is running on it.

Hmm, steps on how to do this please? And nope the router isn't being detected. Cheers.

Associate
out off interest unplug all lan connections from pc then plug only the router in the lan btw rj45 socket, then do ipconfig /all from cmd.exe ie start / run, see what ip range its on.

mine shows as router on 192.168.0.1 "gateway", PC at 192.168.0.7 Main PC others below 7...

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
I've had another look at it tonight and can't see any faults with his PC. He's with Orange and it's a siemens gigaset router.

Every light on the router is solid apart from the 'online' one.

Caporegime
So what does it show? If it's "blank", there's something wrong with the command which means there's something wrong with his machine.
You can get the same information by going to the same place you got the "Connected" message, right clicking the interface and selecting status then one of the tabs (Support IIRC).

Back
Top Bottom