Bliar in the charts - for the 1st time EVER!

Suspended
OP
Sleepy said:
LOL someone has an overinflated view of the relevance of chart sales to the UK public, let alone the world at large.
Rotty said:
yep, most folks would be unaware or at the very most be utterly indifferent
Both perfectly fair comments. However, the rest of the quote was:
We wanted to try and reach the people who might be more into watching X-Factor than listening to politics.
Having been at the demonstration on Saturday, I was aware that there were a fair number of young people present. They responded with much more enthusiasm to the various musicians than to Galloway, Livingstone, Corbyn, etc. Incidentally, probably the most popular speaker was Brian Haw (of Parliament Square fame). Tony Benn was good as usual, as was the Mayor of Hiroshima.

It is these people, School and Uni students, who need to be inspired to become interested in the Anti-War movement if any change is to come about - the old fogies with their mortgages and Mondeos just get in the way of change - it was always thus ;)

Soldato
Shackley said:
I was aware that there were a fair number of young people present.

What you REALLY need is more students, following their successful protests against Student Loans they can only do wonders for the anti-war movement.

It is these people, School and Uni students, who need to be inspired to become interested in the Anti-War movement if any change is to come about - the old fogies with their mortgages and Mondeos just get in the way of change - it was always thus ;)

That's an awfully condescending comment to mortgaged Mondeo owners.

Permabanned
Shackley said:
the old fogies with their mortgages and Mondeos just get in the way of change - it was always thus ;)
Hey I resemble that remark, one of my cars is a mondeo. But then the only change I get in the way of is the leftie folly so thats allright then ;)

Suspended
OP
cleanbluesky said:
That's an awfully condescending comment to mortgaged Mondeo owners.
Oh, all right then:
It is these people, School and Uni students, who need to be inspired to become interested in the Anti-War movement if any change is to come about - the old fogies with their bank loans and BMWs just get in the way of change - it was always thus ;)
I hadn't originally planned to use the word "fogies" either . . .

Soldato
070804_protest_warrior.gif

An end to this sort of thing !

I demand that everyone is lovely to everyone !

Suspended
OP
Stolly said:
No mention there of Terrorism?

Stolly said:
I demand that everyone is lovely to everyone !
There you go again . . . I demand, I demand, Me, Me, Me.

Did nobody ever teach you to ask nicely? You sound a right little fascist.

Perhaps if you could sing, or in fact, had any notable talent at all, even you could get your message of lust for killing across to a wider public ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Shackley said:
No mention there of Terrorism?

There you go again . . . I demand, I demand, Me, Me, Me.

Did nobody ever teach you to ask nicely? You sound a right little fascist.

Perhaps if you could sing, or in fact, had any notable talent at all, even you could get your message of lust for killing across to a wider public ;)

Get the UN to pass a resolution that i can ignore, perhaps a stern letter ?

Suspended
OP
Stolly said:
Get the UN to pass a resolution that i can ignore, perhaps a stern letter ?
Rotty said:
and if that doesn't work then they can always write you another :eek:
Both incredibly helpful suggestions, many thanks for your support.

However, since we all know that everyone ignores the UN, I still think that it would make more sense to buy the download only Ugly Rumours single ;)

Back
Top Bottom