Bliar in the charts - for the 1st time EVER!

Suspended
OP
It's going to get to number one people - don't miss out on this, you know it makes sense :D

The Ugly Rumours single War - on which George Galloway features - will debut in the mid-week music chart this Wednesday at Number 6!

Thanks and congratulations to everyone who helped put it there. But the task now is to make it Number 1 at the weekend and show Tony Blair what the country thinks of him. It's a musical referendum on Blair, the war and the plans for Trident.

Thousands of people on Saturday's march in London bought the download, propelling it into the chart after George made his appeal to the massive crowd. Text ****** to ***** - make sure all your friends and contacts do! - and we can take the single to the top of the singles chart. Look out Gary Barlow, cry your eyes out Justin Timberlake!

Texts cost £1.50 plus normal sending charges and all of the profits from the record go to the Stop the War Coalition. It's Number One! It's top of the pops (at Blair!)

Last edited:
Suspended
OP
cleanbluesky said:
Do you like it that people think you are inappropriate due to all the anti-war posting?
I am "inappropriate" :confused:

You might like to explain this particular piece of "discourse" - then again, perhaps you are an Arsenal fan and aren't thinking straight just now :D

Permabanned
cleanbluesky said:
The complaints, criticism and sarcasm directed at you becasue of what you post and the way you post

In the way that people criticise those with others who post constantly anti-Muslim threads?

I don't see the problems in posting from a specific agenda on a public forum. As long as the owner allows it, people are free to post as they like. If posters take issue with his threads, they would have more credence producing a coherent argument, rather than resorting to complaints and sarcasm.

Soldato
starscream said:
In the way that people criticise those with others who post constantly anti-Muslim threads?

Points if you can tell me why you're comparing the two, given that what you quoted was an explaination of a still unanswered question.

I don't see the problems in posting from a specific agenda on a public forum. As long as the owner allows it, people are free to post as they like. If posters take issue with his threads, they would have more credence producing a coherent argument, rather than resorting to complaints and sarcasm.

My comment and original line of questioning has nothing to do with this question of legitimacy in such a posting style, I merely asked a question then was asked to explain that question - which I did.

Don
starscream said:

in the past ( recently ) we have asked members to stop posting large amounts of threads on very similar subjects

Suspended
OP
Given that the Beeb is expressing a certain outrage over apparent censorship, (the headline 'Attorney General halts BBC probe' is inaccurate, it would have been the judge), it's worth keeping an eye on this story from Lenin's Tomb:
Well, you may have already heard that the the antiwar single, a cover of Edwin Starr's 'War - What Is it Good For?' has made it into the top ten already. It's presently at number six in the charts with precious few resources, and could, with sufficient effort, make it to number 1.

The BBC, in their infinite rubberiness, have decided to ban it, fearing that its antiwar message will offend the government
. It has already appeared in a number of news broadcasts, and news items, and it has been played across the world. However, senior sources in the BBC say that a banning order has been promulgated, preventing the single from being given further coverage on its programmes. This comes after a radio segment that was due for broadcast on Friday afternoon was pulled at the last moment.

It would be a little bit embarrassing if the BBC was to avoid playing the number one single in the charts, launched by mass campaign from below, with few resources. Lenin's Tomb

Back
Top Bottom