Blocked driveway - ignorant git

Soldato
Whilst I agree that the guy that left his car there is an inconsiderate ****, I find it pretty worrying how many of you are willing to resort to criminal damage so quickly!

Not that it makes you feel any better but I know how you feel. I live on a High Street where the parking is at the back. People are constantly blocking the access lane while they 'just nip to the chippy', 'only jump out to the cash machine' etc. It's infuriating especially when you have somewhere to be at a specific time, I never once thought of damaging anyones car though. If you have given up on the idea of getting away on time and want to annoy the guy then let his tyres down - no damage but it will royally **** him off. If time really is a factor then just watch out for him and as soon as he gets close get in your car and drive it right up to his. It will make your displeasure known and then you can be on your way. You can stand and have a slanging match in the street but that will just make you even later.

Soldato
andybtsn said:
I'm sure people say these things on the internet for comedy purposes, but real life it would be a different scenario I'd imagine.

Not the case with me at all, I have always been known for going the other way just to prove a point. I can be one of the nicest of people you would ever meet, but on the flip side I can be one of the nastiest when I feel that people are taking the mickey out of me - a person blocking my drive would cirtainly wind me up.

Soldato
Shame the blocking in trick wont work, otherwise I'd have suggested that too. Block them in front and rear then you and your neighbour get wasted. When the guy comes back and wants you to move your cars, you can't because you're over the limit, oh deary me :D

Fog

Last edited:
Soldato
Scuzi said:
"I was on my way to my mates with this big bottle of Dot 5 brake fluid and I happened to trip on the kerb and spill it all over this Discovery, honest officer."

Any particular reason you chose the one brake fluid that won't knacker paint? :p

Jack up all 4 corners, put it on skateboards, shove it down the hill.

Soldato
No need for wheelclamps. Jack the car up, remove one wheel, then when he comes back, calmly walk outside and shake your head...."terrible neighborhood, they'll nick anything".

Then leave him to sweat it a bit.

Note - if he's built like a brick ****house or has mates, be very careful when returning said wheel :p

Soldato
What I normally do in this situation would be take a note of the license plate, find out from DVLA his address, go over and ask anyone there where his grandma lives. I would then kidnap her, smash in one of the car windows, shove her in the rear passenger seat along with a thermonuclear device and roll the car down the road until she accidentally presses the trigger switch. When he turns back up agree to send him peices of his grandma back in the post if he pays for the damage the explosion did to your drive - then hit him over the head with a keyboard.

fini

Soldato
Muban said:
Whilst I agree that the guy that left his car there is an inconsiderate ****, I find it pretty worrying how many of you are willing to resort to criminal damage so quickly!

The one and only time id been blocked in so bad that i couldnt actually get in the car just happened to be one of the times i was in an exceedingly bad mood.
I had to get in through the boot to get into the car.
When i got the car out i parked it behind his discovery and scratched the word "****" across his bonnet with my keys.

I wasnt proud and im not proud of it, but if he was inconsiderate enough to do it in the first place he could get ****** for all i cared at the time.

Soldato
atpbx said:
The one and only time id been blocked in so bad that i couldnt actually get in the car just happened to be one of the times i was in an exceedingly bad mood.
I had to get in through the boot to get into the car.
When i got the car out i parked it behind his discovery and scratched the word "****" across his bonnet with my keys.

I wasnt proud and im not proud of it, but if he was inconsiderate enough to do it in the first place he could get ****** for all i cared at the time.

Maybe a bit extreme to do that to his bonnet but i understand how things can be when you are extremely ****ed off. Like when your manager wont shut the **** up when you are on a massive comedown,the worst hangover known to man and about 3 hours sleep.....Im not proud of my workmate telling a customer to "shut up and get oot the shop" as it where.

So aye.....on topic. Call the cops or block his exhaust with expanding foam....THAT is funny. :D

Don
in reply to the OP, do what me and my brother did, we parked our cars 1cm from the offending cars bumpers so he couldnt remotely move, he knocked on our door and asked us to move so he could leave - we ofc refused. He came back two hours later with a police officer "any chance you boys can move your cars so he can get out the way of your driveway" .................."no" :D police officer pointed out we were being difficult, so we pointed out we wanted to go out 2 hours ago and couldnt thanks to numb nuts blocking my dads people carrier in. He had to get a cab home, he came back round the next day with mates, we predicted this and had half of Fulwell at our house having a bbq, we eventually got bored at 10pm that night and moved our cars. All in all he was lucky I didnt just break every window on his car and urinate on all his seats. my mums car got keyed a few days later as a result but without wanting to incriminate myself apparently the offending (ford galaxy) car is no longer road worthy, such a shame.

Soldato
I went to a tennis match not long ago and there was a game of bowls on too, so nowhere to park officially. Not knowing exactly where i could park etc i found a spot outside what appeared to be a church type thing. It however appeared to be someones house and they had left me a note on the windscreen..

"WHY?"

Bearing in mind i didnt block anyone in, but did make their parking a bit more difficult, although he'd done a good job getting it in between with no damage [mind you, nice audi vs my 96 polo]. I didnt find the note till the morning after (yes i drove home with it unaware), and wish i could have written a reply on it and put it through the letter box.

Lesson is, what goes around comes around.. if you like your car.. dont damage someone elses.

Associate
Just shove something in is exhaust so its totaly blocked, car won't start or if it does will just keep cutting out. No damage to the car, and he'll probably end up waiting till god knows what time to get roadside assisstance or walking home. :p

Man of Honour
dobbs2010 said:
Just shove something in is exhaust so its totaly blocked, car won't start or if it does will just keep cutting out. No damage to the car, and he'll probably end up waiting till god knows what time to get roadside assisstance or walking home. :p
Or exhaust gasses fill the car and you get sent down for manslaughter.

Permabanned
If you have the ability, time and are feeling particularly malevolent:

Jack one wheel up until it's just free to spin, deflate it then cut a long slice in the top surface. You'll need something VERY sharp.

Fill with cement, lower car down, repeat on other three wheels, wait.

It'll take minutes to get to 60 (literally), they'll get the engine looked at and, best of all, it'll FUBAR their transmission.

*n

Soldato
Bear said:
Either call the police or use a couple of trolley jacks, jack the car up and push it down the road somewhere, where they cant see it.
IIRC you're allowed to move the vehicle any way you see fit as long as you don't cause any damage to it whatsoever.
a trolley jack or two would be my advice and push it out of the way.

and if you're feeling malicious when you've moved it rest a couple of nails against his tyres.the vehicle won't become "damaged" (ie punctures) until the owner moves it and as such it's down to him.

Back
Top Bottom