Blocked driveway - ignorant git

Soldato
Some ignorant idiot has just parked a Discovery on the end of ours and the neighbours driveway and gone off to watch Sale play Rugby, thus preventing four cars from getting out.

What can I do (legally)?

I've already discarded tyre slashing and a large lump of 2x4 as a *little* extreme.

No pub for me until at least 9:30pm then :(

Soldato
OP
No parking Nazi's - I work for the council and they knock off at 6pm. It's a residential street with no restrictions posted.

The local police are all 3/4 mile up the road supervising the fans...

Soldato
not sure what I would do, I would be tempted to damage the discovery but he would know it was you and it could just cause more trouble, jack it up and put it on axle stands :p that could be funny

Gav

Gav

Associate
This happened to a mate of mine a few years back. Some guy in a brand new m3 parked over his driveway and he couldnt get out.

He called the police and when they arrived the four of us grabbed the car by the back arches(under the instruction of the police) and started bouncing and pulling the car away from the kerb until we could get his car out the drive. We then repeated the manouver to get the m3 back into the kerb.

I wouldnt have liked to see the bill for the repairs to his arches. They were extremely flared by the time we were finished.

Associate
If it were a car, I would have bounced it out of the way. A disco on the other hand is gonna be hard to move. You could head down to halfords and buy a wheel clamp then put a sticker on the window with your number and charge a £150 release fee :D

Soldato
TheOtherPhil said:
If it were a car, I would have bounced it out of the way. A disco on the other hand is gonna be hard to move. You could head down to halfords and buy a wheel clamp then put a sticker on the window with your number and charge a £150 release fee :D
Best yet tbh

Associate
I would strongly advise you against attaching a rope/chain to the vehicle and a stationery object, I would further advise you against planting objects likely to do serious damage to said vehicle under said vehicle in preperation of said vehicle being moved upon owners return.

Man of Honour
"I was on my way to my mates with this big bottle of Dot 5 brake fluid and I happened to trip on the kerb and spill it all over this Discovery, honest officer."

Clamp it or get some mates to come round with their cars and block him in. It might inconvenience you for a while but it's always nice to get a bit of revenge.

Back
Top Bottom