Blu Ray 3D glasses

Associate
Hi , never had or used a 3D player before but have been given a Samsung BD-F5600 3D blu Ray player.
Trying to figure out what glasses i need , my TV is a Samsung UE75RU7020 75 HDR 4K (doesnt say 3D anywhere on samsungs product details).
Does anyone know what glasses i need , presume its the old school passive type .
I know i am a decade late and the 3D fad has gone but also means 3D Blu rays are cheap.

Soldato
Hi , never had or used a 3D player before but have been given a Samsung BD-F5600 3D blu Ray player.
Trying to figure out what glasses i need , my TV is a Samsung UE75RU7020 75 HDR 4K (doesnt say 3D anywhere on samsungs product details).
Does anyone know what glasses i need , presume its the old school passive type .
I know i am a decade late and the 3D fad has gone but also means 3D Blu rays are cheap.

Do you have a VR headset?

Soldato
Yes Quest 3 , wasnt really wanting to watch a 3d movie with them though (probably will give it a try one day).
I remember on the Quest 2 the demo 3d dinosaur movie was awesome .

As you know, with the Quest 3 you can watch 3D movies in the comfort of your living room in passthrough mode with a screen as big as you want.

Soldato

Your TV isn't a 3d TV so it won't work. Glasses would either be active or passive based on the TV model.

Associate
OP
Your TV isn't a 3d TV so it won't work. Glasses would either be active or passive based on the TV model.
Is there any work around as i thought as long as the TV shows what the 3d Blu Ray player is playing (presuming a blurry 3D image) then all i needed was passive glasses not the old blue red paper type.

Associate
Is there any work around as i thought as long as the TV shows what the 3d Blu Ray player is playing (presuming a blurry 3D image) then all i needed was passive glasses not the old blue red paper type.
Nope, as Simmz said, there is nothing you can do.
Your television will not display a 3D Blu-ray disc.
The only option is to purchase an older television the can display Blu-ray 3d or go for a projector.

Soldato

Blue/red glasses are mega old and was never for 3d TV stuff. Passive glasses are the ones you get at the cinema the real 3d stuff. Active has a battery in them and doesn't change the resolution so the technology was meant to better. However, it failed miserably at home and personally it's a rubbish experience even if you had sat a large 77" TV it was still crap.

But yes, you still need a compatible TV for it to work but I'd save your pennies.

Associate
OP
Oh well will give the Quest 3 a go , last 3D film i watch was Flesh for Frankenstein at the cinema and wanted to see what the modern 3D was like.

(not in the 70s by the way)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
IMO, TVs with 3D have (or had), a lack of scale. If you want to do 3D properly then a projector works far better. The size of the image and how much of a person's field of view it fills helps to create a more convincing illusion.

The Karl Urban 'Dredd' film is excellent in 3D. The effect isn't used as a gimmick.

Associate
IMO, TVs with 3D have (or had), a lack of scale. If you want to do 3D properly then a projector works far better. The size of the image and how much of a person's field of view it fills helps to create a more convincing illusion.

The Karl Urban 'Dredd' film is excellent in 3D. The effect isn't used as a gimmick.
One of thee best IMHO to show off 3D!

Back
Top Bottom