BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Had mine for 4 years. Few posts in this thread on it. Its modified, quick and pretty practical. Its not the best handling thing, but its not bad. Got the DCT box which is great 99% of the time. It's not the comfiest thing on 19" wheels. For the power on offer i don't think the costs are anything to moan about. I've recently spent a lot on it, but mostly out of choice rather then complete necessity. Sounds superb as well. Red leather and sapphire black combo, perfection for E92 ;) Took me a while to find it.

116849662_10158359912084178_7608105301494107090_n.jpg

This looks naughty! Reference the ride quality, i'm currently in a Fiesta ST so i'm recently accustomed to a firm ride :D Yours looks glorious

Man of Honour
I am thinking of a previous generation M3 as my daily. They seem epic value right now and are a good looking car with those competition wheels.

Soldato
I am thinking of a previous generation M3 as my daily. They seem epic value right now and are a good looking car with those competition wheels.
I've had one for the last 3 years, during which time I've covered close to 60,000 miles in it (most of it in the first two years - thanks Covid!), and I love it. It's even reasonably economical provided you don't drive it like a hooligan. I've averaged 29.4 MPG since day 1!

I'd say it's pretty well built - mine's not developed any rattles in 73,000 miles - and it's comfortable enough, with of course plenty of performance any time you want it. Even boggo spec is pretty good for UK cars with most of the options you'd want, so it's only difficult to find one to your specific tastes if you are fussy about colours or rare spec options.

Prices, however, like all used cars are definitely on the up though, so if you want one maybe don't hang about too long!

Soldato
I've had one for the last 3 years, during which time I've covered close to 60,000 miles in it (most of it in the first two years - thanks Covid!), and I love it. It's even reasonably economical provided you don't drive it like a hooligan. I've averaged 29.4 MPG since day 1!

I'd say it's pretty well built - mine's not developed any rattles in 73,000 miles - and it's comfortable enough, with of course plenty of performance any time you want it. Even boggo spec is pretty good for UK cars with most of the options you'd want, so it's only difficult to find one to your specific tastes if you are fussy about colours or rare spec options.

Prices, however, like all used cars are definitely on the up though, so if you want one maybe don't hang about too long!
What are you classing as previous gen, can't believe you're getting that on an e92 unless you spend a lot of time slipstreaming wagons:cry:.

Associate
Can anyone recommend some tyre's, and where to order from for a 2017 320i m sport? The car currently has Bridgestone Potenza S001 255/35 R19 92Y Run Flat's, and i'm after a full set.

I'm not a fan of the handling, though i'm not sure if this is down to the make and model of tyre, or down to them being run flats. Whats the go to make and model that people are using on their cars?

Man of Honour
Can anyone recommend some tyre's, and where to order from for a 2017 320i m sport? The car currently has Bridgestone Potenza S001 255/35 R19 92Y Run Flat's, and i'm after a full set.

I'm not a fan of the handling, though i'm not sure if this is down to the make and model of tyre, or down to them being run flats. Whats the go to make and model that people are using on their cars?
PS4S or F1A5.

Soldato
What are you classing as previous gen, can't believe you're getting that on an e92 unless you spend a lot of time slipstreaming wagons:cry:.
As others have said, F80. I don't think you could get that sort of economy out of E92 even if you WERE slipstreaming trucks at 56mph all day! :cry:

F80 went out of production 2 years before F82 because of the changes to emissions regs. I believe BMW couldnt get all the PPF gubbins into the F80 but they could in the F82, so the EOL'd the F80 early in the cycle.

Soldato
OK fairy muff.
As others have said, F80. I don't think you could get that sort of economy out of E92 even if you WERE slipstreaming trucks at 56mph all day! :cry:

F80 went out of production 2 years before F82 because of the changes to emissions regs. I believe BMW couldnt get all the PPF gubbins into the F80 but they could in the F82, so the EOL'd the F80 early in the cycle.
I only mentioned it as I wasn't sure and was hoping he'd found a magical way of getting more mpg out of an e92 on a motorway as I can't crack low 20s. Surprised they couldn't fit it in, I wouldn't have expected them to be that different although iirc didn't they get rid of the CF prop shift to make it fit?

Back
Top Bottom