BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Yeah makes sense thinking about it. The door speaker and the tweeter by the A pillar will probably the same channel as an example

I suspect you'll have:

Front door mid + tweeter (1)
Front door mid + tweeter (1)
Centre mid + tweeter (1)
Rear door mid + tweeter (1)
Rear door mid + tweeter (1)
Rear shelf mid + tweeter (1)
Rear shelf mid + tweeter (1)
Underseat sub (1)
Underseat sub (1)

Associate
Is there an equivalent amp & DSP option for poverty spec cars with the base system? What's the priority order to get upgrading on a G30 with value for money in mind?
I was thinking to start with HK tweeters, door speakers and underseat subs? What should I power them with?

Soldato
Is there an equivalent amp & DSP option for poverty spec cars with the base system? What's the priority order to get upgrading on a G30 with value for money in mind?
I was thinking to start with HK tweeters, door speakers and underseat subs? What should I power them with?

I'd say amp/DSP

2019 cars have a slightly different setup, and require a different adapter.

Soldato
Is there an equivalent amp & DSP option for poverty spec cars with the base system?

below, but both replacement amps, as well as excellent 'phase' correction,
also gives you an option to inject better quality source music from your phone (otherwise the match has to de-eq existing head unit source)
so looks likw the amp takes the 4 speaker inputs from existing HU, de-eq's those and you then uses it's superior eq and amp ?
[as you say seems it has optical and a direct usb option, so can input a higher quality (than HU) bitstream directly into AMP, from phone say;
possibly Tidal HIFI, my favourite. which I'd like in a future car system

• MATCH Extension Card slot (MEC) for additional input / output modules like Bluetooth® Audio Streaming, High Resolution Audio Streaming via USB etc
  • Optical input in SPDIF format with sampling rate between 12 and 96 kHz
]

Soldato
below, but both replacement amps, as well as excellent 'phase' correction,
also gives you an option to inject better quality source music from your phone (otherwise the match has to de-eq existing head unit source)

Assuming you're talking about the one in the link in your quote, that's for HiFi, not base audio.

Associate
I'd say amp/DSP

2019 cars have a slightly different setup, and require a different adapter.
Thank you, I can see it recommends me an adapter harness to avoid hacking off the cables (always nice!) there's some speakers recommended there in the list but no amp that's compatible with the base system (full poverty with no tweeters, not hi-fi). I guess the question then becomes - what does that harness plug into? :D

Soldato
Thank you, I can see it recommends me an adapter harness to avoid hacking off the cables (always nice!) there's some speakers recommended there in the list but no amp that's compatible with the base system (full poverty with no tweeters, not hi-fi). I guess the question then becomes - what does that harness plug into? :D

Audison have a 'configurator' tool which will recommend a selection of their products, including amps, speakers, integration harnesses etc. based on what you have to start with:

Soldato
Assuming you're talking about the one in the link in your quote, that's for HiFi, not base audio.
yes you are right the match 7 nonetheless only has 4high level speaker inputs despite highfi amp having 8 channels, so some outputs are ignored,
so although the base has an inbuilt amp in hu, I don't see why it's speaker outputs couldn't similarly be connected to match 7;
maybe that option is discussed somewhere.

[surprisingly even the 10ch HK replacement amp is taking speaker outputs from existing amp and not directly decoding digital, so you don't remove the original amp
I reached out to AutdioTec-Fischer about connecting the BMW digital stream source using MATCH PP-BMW 1.9RAM-HK and the answer provided for system input is "this is just analogue not digital"
]

e:
I guess the question then becomes - what does that harness plug into?
harness plugs into the high level speaker outputs same as for hifi & hk - no digital inputs anywhere, unless you connect phone to dspamps optical/usb input

Last edited:
Soldato
After getting a bike/family car and not needing a car after going remote. It's my first bimmer and car for that matter in a while. Comes fully loaded with ivory comfort seats/access/heated steering/pan win etc.

bIH9Q7U.png

Managed to get in a couple of motorway runs in and I love it :)

We got any f06 owners here?

Last edited:
Soldato
Couple of issues with my G20 atm, would warranty cover it (12month used approved) first one is washer fluid seems to be blocked next to nothin comes from the reservoir. Second one is I’ve got a large wasp/bug in my rear headlight no idea how it got there and how easy it is to remove, but would they?

Caporegime
Eh, what?

Do i seriously need to use BMW screen wash to keep my warranty intact for that system?
Some cheap screenwash reacts chemically with the BMW stuff and turns into a jelly inside the washer bottle. This gums up the intake and pipes necessitating the removal and cleaning or even full replacement of the washer bottle, pump and pipework. I've heard that warranty repairs have been denied as it is not a mechanical fault.

Last edited:
Soldato
cheap washes have anti-freeze/ethylene glycol and the good ones ethanol - and you don't want to mix the two - I now ensure I buy the latter.

further on the upgrading audio subject -
seems there had been a helix device that could take the MOST interface optical feed from the hk HU as opposed to high level already eq'd&amplified outputs from HK amp
(amps outputs also used for hi-fi&basic upgrades, so they are in same boat) but patent infringements on optical connectors meant they stopped production
=> if you want digital all the way to amp, need to feed upgraded dsp/amp directly by usb/optical from phone,

Back
Top Bottom