BMW and M Power Owners

Caporegime
cheap washes have anti-freeze/ethylene glycol and the good ones ethanol - and you don't want to mix the two - I now ensure I buy the latter.

further on the upgrading audio subject -
seems there had been a helix device that could take the MOST interface optical feed from the hk HU as opposed to high level already eq'd&amplified outputs from HK amp
(amps outputs also used for hi-fi&basic upgrades, so they are in same boat) but patent infringements on optical connectors meant they stopped production
=> if you want digital all the way to amp, need to feed upgraded dsp/amp directly by usb/optical from phone,
nothing like a good google to impart ‘knowledge’ hey

Soldato
Smashed my front splitter on a curb.
New one arrived today. Few hundred £££ for a real one... did NOT want one of those £75 ones off Ebay. Ewww

Man of Honour
@Diagro damn, that car is cursed lol
but seeing as you already dumped quite a sizable chunk of cash on it...might as well keep going :cry:

ps: some of the ebay stuff isn't actually that bad (i've got the grilles and rear diffuser from the bay and looks exactly the same as the mperformance parts for a fraction of the price
i paid something like £20 for the grilles and £35 for the rear diffuser

Soldato
@Diagro damn, that car is cursed lol
but seeing as you already dumped quite a sizable chunk of cash on it...might as well keep going :cry:

ps: some of the ebay stuff isn't actually that bad (i've got the grilles and rear diffuser from the bay and looks exactly the same as the mperformance parts for a fraction of the price
i paid something like £20 for the grilles and £35 for the rear diffuser
I know some parts are OK.
I had two cheaper ones delivered. But they look terrible quality.
This new one is substantially better. Was lucky to get a genuine bmw one for half the price to be fair.

Soldato
nothing like a good google to impart ‘knowledge’ hey
matchup and fisher are pretty obscure on the lack of digital throughput on their aftermarket offerings .. in the absence of those I won't be looking for HK on my intended 3 upgrade,
spending the money on a speaker upgrade (as i did with existing 3) and one of their amps is a better investment - news to me anyway,
if you want decent sound rather than artificial surround sound processing

Soldato
I test drove a 330e today. Must say the auto box worked really well with the electric motor.

You get massive torque fill when the gearbox is figuring its thing out with corners and roundabouts. Means it isn’t noticeable.

Really really nice to drive. Has the adaptive suspension as well.

Only downside was that at 50% charge, it only had a quoted 6 miles of range.

But it was very cool to be able to drive about and average 77 mpg!

Will check out a 320d soon in auto to see if the box has changed. Felt exactly how I remember in manual mode in the 330e

Soldato
Soldato
I test drove a 330e today. Must say the auto box worked really well with the electric motor.

You get massive torque fill when the gearbox is figuring its thing out with corners and roundabouts. Means it isn’t noticeable.

Really really nice to drive. Has the adaptive suspension as well.

Only downside was that at 50% charge, it only had a quoted 6 miles of range.

But it was very cool to be able to drive about and average 77 mpg!

Will check out a 320d soon in auto to see if the box has changed. Felt exactly how I remember in manual mode in the 330e
After 45 pages of discussion this is the result?

Associate
Hi Guys,

I'm after a bit of advice if possible, I bought a 2018 330e with 62,000 miles in January, however I've only just realised that the aircon does not blow particularly cold, its basically just the ambient air temperature. I guess I didn't really notice this as the outside air temp was cold enough to mask it originally, however with the warmer weather its revealed itself. The aircon light does light up, however there is no click from any relays or the compressor. Is this worth a regas initially? From what I've read, the HVAC systems on the BMW hybrids is quite complex as it cools the battery too? I'm guessing if this isn't a simple regas then I could be looking at some chunky bills?

Back
Top Bottom