BMW F10 530d M-Sport: On-going Review!!

Man of Honour
OP
[TW]Fox;23632502 said:
For quite some time I'm pretty sure you couldnt have it with the M Sport?

Think you're right, had a look earlier and found 3 5 series with active dampers across the Uk....3! Now I might have done it wrong of course.

Soldato
Is there more to it than posh shocks? Or can you retrofit?

VDC is variable damper control which as it says varies the amount of damping. Dynamic drive is VDC plus active antiroll bars and active steering on top. Neither can be retrofitted. VDC is about a £900 option and Dynamic Drive is about £2300. You can imagine how much they would be to retrofit when the factory options are that price.

Soldato
A quick scout on AT this morning showed a few 640d with the trick dampers (and a host of other cool toys) specced.

Ignoring the fact that it's considerably more money, could that be the answer?

More power, more economical, more toys, better ride. Cheaper to buy it than not buy it. :cool:

Plus then you'd get to torture Fox about how the 6 is the pick of the range, and fixes the issues with the 5. ;):o

Last edited:
Soldato
Lack of space in the rear would put me off a 6 straight away, I've never quite understood the 6 Series lack of space in the rear!

If you're going to buy a large luxury saloon why would you want basically a 2 seater car with 2 tiny seats in the back.

Soldato
Lack of space in the rear would put me off a 6 straight away, I've never quite understood the 6 Series lack of space in the rear!

If you're going to buy a large luxury saloon why would you want basically a 2 seater car with 2 tiny seats in the back.

Not sure about the Coupe, but the picture I saw of the back seats of the Gran Coupe didn't look at all bad space wise...

Man of Honour
OP
I had a good look at a 6 Gran Coupe the other day actually, very nice. I have often looked at the 5GT and never thought that.

Man of Honour
OP
It is a great car, it just has poor suspension in standard from and really needs variable dampers to make it perfect. The good outweighs the bad let me be clear here, but the ride is annoying and I've done around 28K miles in it now!

Back
Top Bottom