BMW M5 - the Beast is back

It could be much worse, i spotted a new shape vectra with a huge bulge by the aerial, was for the sat nav etc, no joke it looked like a mini black shoe on the roof, i personally think the BMW style fin looks nice (on the right bmw) :D

Freefaller said:
Thanks Skodaman - I was on a dodgy connection must have missed your post :o Which car am I thinking of which has the "double clutch" - or have I been dreaming? :p

The 3.2 V6 TT and also the new Golf Gti has the DSG gearbox - the flappy paddle double clutch one.

I thrash a TT with it round silverstone in the wet and I must say it was awesome :cool:

That said I've never tried SMG2 / 3...

TripleT said:
The 3.2 V6 TT and also the new Golf Gti has the DSG gearbox - the flappy paddle double clutch one.
Not forgetting the Audi A3, which was the first car on sale with DSG in the UK if I'm not mistaken.

Lush. Now, excuse me for being a reject, but does anyone have some info on how the HUD works? Surely if its projected onto the windscreen it will be damn hard to see under strong sunlight?

Nimzicki said:
Lush. Now, excuse me for being a reject, but does anyone have some info on how the HUD works? Surely if its projected onto the windscreen it will be damn hard to see under strong sunlight?

i would imagine the windscreen has got some fancy coating on it

Nimzicki said:

I have a HUD on my car it shines on the windscreen about 4''-6" of the dash not directly in your line of sight but close enought to be in periphreal vision, they are designed so that sun cant really shine down it, as its angled but on mine depending on where the car and the sun is positioned it can shine on it and completely make it an useable, we are talking half a dozen times in 12 months ownership and for a few moments at a time.

You can kind of see here

corvettec5_16.jpg

Gets projected out of the hole.

Phantom said:
why dont they do what the mercs and new hondas do and integrate them in the rear window or something?

Becuase its a daft idea. BMW have aeriels in some rear windows, generally for the radio.

Our 530d is in the dealer getting a new rear screen 'cos the aeriel broke :p

Back
Top Bottom