BMW M5 - the Beast is back

Nice car:)

I raced and passengered in one yesterday. It's indecently quick for what is a very large and very heavy car. Gives a nice kick in the back on upshifts. I don't think I would buy one though.

It's too quiet as standard and you're far too isolated from any feeling of speed. The interior is nice but a bit too anonymous. Unless I had to carry 4 people all the time I would take the CSL every time. It's the best at what it does though.

It's a big step up from the E39 in every department.

[TW]Fox said:
They are doing a Touring version this time :)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! They can't ruin it like that, they just can't, in fact i say ALL touring beemers should be banned, estate cars are where volvo come in :p

Clarkey said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! They can't ruin it like that, they just can't, in fact i say ALL touring beemers should be banned, estate cars are where volvo come in :p

So you dont want a car that can take 5 gentlemen and their luggage on holiday to scotland and then thrash a f430 when it gets there?

stepp said:
Lovely car...one thing i dont like are the wheels. They look too small for the car.

All of the new shaps BMW's seem to have this problem, the Z4 being the worst imo, it looks like its on castors and looks as if the car is slumped over the wheels. They just dont look big enough for the size of the car.

all the new BMW's are hated at first but as soon as you start to see them they grow on you , like JC said yesterday on topgear , he thought the Z4 was ugly but now theyre growing on him!

RobDickinson said:
So you dont want a car that can take 5 gentlemen and their luggage on holiday to scotland and then thrash a f430 when it gets there?

That's what planes and taxis are for ;)

I'd take an F430 without a second thought.

It's an utterly fantastic car to drive, but I can't get past the looks. I don't like it at all I'm afraid. Not my taste.

[TW]Fox said:
They are doing a Touring version this time :)

M5.jpg

M52.jpg

Any particular reason for the differing wheels at the back compared to the front?

The rear bumper looks more like the styling of the normal 5 Series Sport bumper rather than the M5 bumper. Back end is 'orrible tbh.

Back
Top Bottom